By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk 2077 Review Thread | 83 OC, 87 Meta

Predict which range Cyberpunk's meta score will fall in?

98-100 4 4.94%

95-97 5 6.17%

92-94 28 34.57%

89-91 21 25.93%

86-88 9 11.11%

83-85 5 6.17%

80-82 3 3.70%

Less than 80 6 7.41%

Undecided 0 0%

Total:81

I'm going for 89.

I'm still gutted it's a first person shooter as I just don't like that genre, it's so bland and get way to repetitive. I also still find it so ironic that they've created the most in depth character creation ever made and the game is a First Person view. However theres a lot of hype and CDPR do know what they're doing.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

Voted 89-91. I have no doubt the game will be good and probably has a potential to end up in mid-90s. But performance issues will most likely drag it down.

I'd laugh hard if it turns out to be a dud (below 80). Indeed i hope so.

Hunting Season is done...

Should be a low to mid 90's score, probably a GOTY contender for 2021 along with Horizon and whatever Nintendo is releasing 2021.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

shikamaru317 said:
Mar1217 said:

Do we believe Bethesda will release a game that has only received a teaser trailer so far ?

Suffice to say with what we're getting from Japan's side next year in the first half already, next year might be a tougher competition than this year.

Though does it matter when the VGA have been increasingly dull recently due to formatting itself to something akin of an Hollywood Academy award ceremony ... with all it's defaults of course. 

Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 both released 5 months after their first trailer. So Starfield could get a gameplay trailer as late June 2021 and still release in November 2021. Bethesda likes short announce to release cycles. Starfield has 5 years of development already, more than any of their previous games, with their largest dev team ever. I definitely think a 2021 release with 6 years of development is likely for it.

JP games wise, not sure what is releasing next year that has western GOTY nomination potential. Maybe Resident Evil 8 (Res 2 Remake got a nomination on the 2019 awards), maybe Bayo 3 if it makes 2021 somehow. Maybe Monster Hunter Rise, MH World got a nomination in 2018. Maybe BOTW 2, if it makes 2021 somehow. Maybe Elden Ring, Sekiro got a nomination on the 2019 awards. 

But I do agree that Keighley's Game Awards have gotten quite boring recently, the show was so much better back in the Spike TV days when we had hosts like Jack Black (only the 2013 one sucked, sucked so bad that Spike dropped the show, forcing Keighley to create the new one). The award results on Keighley's show also seem increasingly suspect with each passing year. Probably not even going to watch the show this year, Cyberpunk releases the same day as the awards. Will just watch the announcement trailers later. 

True about those 2 games in particular, though Starfield is already past that point since the first reveal was from E3 2019. Still a shorter campaign/marketing push is probably in the line here.

Anywoo, strong agree with your last paragraph. And if we're honest, most people in the gaming community nowadays probably only really tune in for these announcement trailers since they're the only actual substance this show has. I mean we could talk about the fact that he's increasingly trying to push celebrities who have no active interest in field to participate (because their faces would garner attention and clicks), the selection of jurys and the process used to select the winners. (The fact they don't even have to play most of the games they are voting for is another boggled similitude to Academy Awards)

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
twintail said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Paid for it and installed it on my X on Friday. Can’t wait. I expect reviews to be low 90’s.

Can’t believe it’s not eligible for GOTY. Could end up being a sham.

all awards have a cut off date that would have been decided months ago . Constant delays stopped Cyberpunk. It is what it is.

Also I expect High 80s

Any GOTY awards that have a cut-off date before the 31st December aren't true GOTY awards.

But hey, the only one I really care about is my personal GOTY anyway, and it's definitely eligible for that!

Should be a 90+ game on scope, depth and ambition alone, unless it has some rather huge issues. I can see a mid 90's score, there will be technical issues though; it's an open-world RPG after all.

Ka-pi96 said:
twintail said:

all awards have a cut off date that would have been decided months ago . Constant delays stopped Cyberpunk. It is what it is.

Also I expect High 80s

Any GOTY awards that have a cut-off date before the 31st December aren't true GOTY awards.

But hey, the only one I really care about is my personal GOTY anyway, and it's definitely eligible for that!

I don't disagree

Ka-pi96 said:
twintail said:

Also I expect High 80s

Exactly. Not a big deal though, these awards are voted on by the same people who sang praises for Avengers for months before it released. 

Gamespot gave it a 7