By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What are your Expectations or Wishes for the new "switch" 2021 ?

Some pages report on a new model of the switch. There could be an official announcement in early 2021 :D The question is easy:

What are your expectations or wishes for the new "switch"-system ??

Citing a Taipei-based report out of the Economic Daily News, The Edge Markets reports that a new version of Nintendo's hybrid console could arrive, 2021. That was quickly followed up by a Bloomberg report that suggests that the new Switch could arrive next year complete with 4K support and maybe other features. Economic Daily News later reported that Nintendo was still planning a 2021 launch, and has been visiting companies in Taiwan to obtain displays for the new console.

Do you want more Gaming-Highlights/AAA-Games, 4K or completely new features? And what do you expect? I'm curious!

edit: Maybe with VR ?

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 12 December 2020

Around the Network

I don't expect anything from hardware. I don't really care for 4K or whatever, neither from higher screen resolution, those things simply just not upgrade my experience. I would change high resolution for stable FPS anyday, still pises me my animal crossing island is legging

Maybe a better battery life? I'm not buying a new model anyways

Non drifting joycons are mandatory though

My Expectations :

Its Probably gonna be a more polished version similar to New 3DS or DSi (going to be called New Switch or Switch Advance or Super Switch)

Its gonna have an improved Joycons (hopefully with less drifting) a 1080P OLED Display, a better docking solution (instead of the current toaster one) and slight Improvement in the performance but not much

like, Dont Expect a 4K Quality (like some of the most ridiculous rumors ive seen lately) or even PS4 level of performance with the newer model, since Nintendo wants to Sell it at a Profit (with competitive Prices nonetheless)

Last edited by B6a6es - on 03 December 2020

B6a6es said:

like, Dont Expect a 4K Quality (like some of the most ridiculous rumors ive seen lately) or even PS4 level of performance with the newer model, since Nintendo wants to Sell it at a Profit (with competitive Prices nonetheless)

I've seen enough posts like this on the internet to know that this is tipically the kind of statement that can be mocked for years so I won't be this affirmative.

SKMBlake said:
B6a6es said:

I've seen enough posts like this on the internet to know that this is tipically the kind of statement that can be mocked for years so I won't be this affirmative.

If this is true Nintendo would’ve released a stronger Wii model with 720P HDMI support back in 2009, Blue Ocean baby

Around the Network

There's rumors that it'll just be a more powerful dock since Nintendo UK mentioned that they've officially discontinued the original dock.

If it does ending up being a new dock then that's cool because it doesnt affect those that bought the original Switch and would be an easy upgrade.

B6a6es said:
SKMBlake said:

If this is true Nintendo would’ve released a stronger Wii model with 720P HDMI support back in 2009, Blue Ocean baby

They did, it's the Wii U.

If they want my money, they better add...I don't know. A new box? I'm gonna buy it anyway.

What I would like: Better performance, better resolution (no drops below 720p in portable mode), a way to lock the system, Bluetooth support, reliable joycons. That's good enough for me.

Mine is not an expectation (I don't really know what to expect from Nintendo), but more of a "technically possible" desire.

- It's too early for a Switch 2, and any "Pro" hardware upgrade keeping the current form factor would dimish the appeal for their next-gen system while still pale in comparison of the competiton in terms of graphic fidelity.

- If it's just a slight update I'm not interested.

So, give me an home console version with a VR headset that allows me to play current Switch games on TV with better performance and resolution and also allows me to access exclusive VR content/games.

Price tag: 349$

Maintain all other models and leave three options in the market: (1) handheld only / 199$; (2) handheld + TV / 249$; TV high-end + VR / 349$).

Alternatively, create a new dock (as someone suggested) to deliver this kind of upgrade.

...I know, I'm demanding.

Last edited by freebs2 - on 04 December 2020

DLSS which will help it shorten the gap with PS5/XSX out.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!