By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spider-Man Miles Morales PS4 sold over 800K copies week 1

Tagged games:

How many copies will the PS5 version ship (Incl. Digital) Week 1 accumulated globally.

<1 million 3 21.43%

>1m <1.25m 3 21.43%

>1.25m <1.5m 1 7.14%

>1.5m <1. 75m 1 7.14%

>1.75m <2m 1 7.14%

>2m 5 35.71%

Total:14

According to statistics gathered by gamstat Spider-Man Miles Morales probably sold over 800K in it's first week of release on PS4 alone. So far at least 830K users have the game on their PS4. With this being a new release and some people that keep their ps offline it's save to assume a launch north of 800K copies.

Interesting to note is that most people awaited the PS5 release in Europe with UK charts reporting around 70% sales of the PS5 version (before the PS5 even released).

I believe the total sales of this game are around 2.5m for week 1 with increasing numbers as more people are receiving or able to buy Sonys next gen console.

Got mine last Monday and love the game so far. Good continuation from the precious game. I hope Sony and Disney will be able to spawn other games!/characters in this universe.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Around the Network

I am waiting to get a ps5 to get the game but it isnt easy to find one.

That site is inaccurate AF

I expect atleast 3 million week one sales

It’s expected, top IP and great studio

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Inlcuding digital?

elazz said:

According to statistics gathered by gamstat Spider-Man Miles Morales probably sold over 800K in it's first week of release on PS4 alone

Gamstat isn’t a site to view game sales, but one to make predictions of how many PSN users own a game. Even the creators have emphasized on the fact that players ≠ sales, and usually players > sales. So if the site shows that there are 800k SMMM owners, the actual number might actually be quite lower. But it’s understandable. The game isn’t long enough for the price tag. That being said, I can see SMMM to have ~2 million copies sold (physical + digital) week one.