By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry - Dirt 5

JRPGfan said:
DF downplayed everything (they have a slight xbox bias, but have enough integratity to atleast not misslead).

Nate4Drake said:
The PS5 Version is vastly superior(visuals, performance, Dualsense features) and sincerely I got a bit disgusted by Digital Foundry; I have unsubscribed 5 minutes ago, they are not serious people.

Guys, simply state what points you disagree with and why. As you can see here (link), these kinds of comments have consequences for the team. Digital Foundry is called biased by both PS, XB and Nintendo users so they must be doing something right.

Around the Network

No because whether the lower settings are a bug or intentional, they pay off. Furthermore not referencing it as a bug there in a factual manner without clarification from Codemaster is the right move and flies in the face of your bias claim.

idc how you want to spin it, you’re spending hours watching and discussing this information from a place you claim is biased. That will never not be sad to me. But again to each their own.

Stop being bitches and call eachother biased fans

Edit: this is my personal take and doesnt represent my staffrole in any way shape or form

User was moderated for this post. ~ Pemalite.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 21 November 2020

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

Edit: this is my personal take and doesnt represent my staffrole in any way shape or form

Don't worry, just wait till OP posts NX review for the game. NX is totally not a biased dude

But seriously though, this magnifying glass style approach this early on reeks of desperation or a feel of having to "get back" at another camp because of company PR, which in all honesty is both pointless and childish at best. We're heading back to GTA V grass all over again...

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
kirby007 said:

Don't worry, just wait till OP posts NX review for the game. NX is totally not a biased dude

But seriously though, this magnifying glass style approach this early on reeks of desperation or a feel of having to "get back" at another camp because of company PR, which in all honesty is both pointless and childish at best. We're heading back to GTA V grass all over again...

There is truth to this....  though we dont need a magnifying glass for this one:

Around the Network

The Xbox version looks like an NES game.

I'm kidding.  I've never played a Dirt game so this doesn't do much for me but Xbox better start winning a few of these comparisons sooner rather than later.

shikamaru317 said:

The sooner devs get used to the new GameCore dev tools and SDK for Xbox Series, the better. Codemasters was one of the devs who implied that they got Xbox Series dev kits very late as I recall.

I have sent you two or three times the links... Dirt 5 dev said the tools were in similar state for both consoles

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

shikamaru317 said:

The sooner devs get used to the new GameCore dev tools and SDK for Xbox Series, the better. Codemasters was one of the devs who implied that they got Xbox Series dev kits very late as I recall.

They actually stated the complete opposite.

JRPGfan said:

Go re-watch the video from 19mins to 20mins again.
DF say that it running lesser quality in 120fps mode, "pays off".

That means not a bug (but a choice, to mantain 120fps more consistantly), john says that in the video dude.

They say 2 differnt things, about the same issue (at differnt times in the video).

"If you think DF is so biased, why are you bothering to spend all this time watching these videos? What a bizarre mindset to have."

Because they show proof.
They cannot twist truth.

When you see the frame time graphs, and the picture compairisons they speak for themselves.

Does it matter that DF are "gentle" whenever they handle a xbox issue, and harsher when its a playstation one?
Well.. yes.. its abit off putting (their not supposed to be biased), but in this case in point, its running better on the PS5 anyways (so not a issue).

*edit:
Also I forgot that "slighly less" image quality, was used in compairson with the 120fps mode.

Less Car LoD, enviroment details, lesser road tessellation, less grass/foliage, geometric cutbacks, and less texture filtering...  
= Slightly less image quality.

Digital foundry said it was likely a bug.

I would assume the Playstation 5 was supposed to take a visual hit in that mode and didn't... And will likely be rectified at a later date.
The Playstation 5 also has another bug which impacts the dynamic range... Hopefully that gets fixed as well.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
JRPGfan said:

Go re-watch the video from 19mins to 20mins again.
DF say that it running lesser quality in 120fps mode, "pays off".

That means not a bug (but a choice, to mantain 120fps more consistantly), john says that in the video dude.

They say 2 differnt things, about the same issue (at differnt times in the video).

Digital foundry said it was likely a bug.

I would assume the Playstation 5 was supposed to take a visual hit in that mode and didn't... And will likely be rectified at a later date.
The Playstation 5 also has another bug which impacts the dynamic range... Hopefully that gets fixed as well.

Yeah they mentioned a SDR bug, on the PS5, so if your TV does support HDR, it looks darker than its supposed too (and can crush blacks, in dark area's of the game) (even if your trying to compensate by turning up brightness or such). Hopefully that gets fixed.

John also lateron says, that the lesser graphic on the xsx 120 fps mode, is paying off in certain tracks/times, and the trade off was worth it.
That to me, atleast doesnt sound that much like a bug. Its 19mins+ into the video.