By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo gve up the Mario Maker serie and start doing again New 2D Mario ?

Mario Maker should just be a mode featured in a proper 2D Mario Platformer. No need for it to be its own series.I'm one of the people who picked NSMBU Deluxe over Mario Maker 2 on Switch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

It's time they evolve that formula and make a good and fresh 2D mario yea. It will def happen, i don't see them doing another "New SMB" but might be after the next 3D Mario game. I would count on it maybe in 2022 or 2023 but at that point maybe just put it on launch with the next console.

Don't think it's fair to say Mario Maker is turning people away. The set of people who want to create Mario games is simply smaller than those who just want to play them, so it's understandable it will sell less. I'd like to see a new 2D Mario game when they've figured out a way to change the formula significantly.

We'll get another Super Mario Maker at some point, but the odds of it being on Switch are very low. It will wait until Switch 2. We'll get more 2D Mario at some point as well. We haven't gotten a new 2D Mario game in 8 or so years. Though I think Nintendo realizes the "New" moniker is dead by now, at least for a brand new release. I don't think New Super Mario Bros. 3 or Switch is going to be a thing. I think Nintendo will try some new art styles, maybe some different enemies and locales. And they'll call it good from there.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I don't need a 2D Mario game, but I will buy it if they make one. Mario Maker blows away the NSMB series so if they do make another I hope its a new art direction.

Around the Network

I hope so I have no interest in Mario maker games

Signalstar said:

Mario Maker should just be a mode featured in a proper 2D Mario Platformer. No need for it to be its own series.I'm one of the people who picked NSMBU Deluxe over Mario Maker 2 on Switch.

I'm pretty sure Maker players are already a subset of 2D players. Releasing a 2D game and a Maker game will make those people buy twice