By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Valhalla: PS5 vs Xbox Series X - Updated NX Gamer - Update Digital Foundry

Were you expecting a big advantage for the XSX?

Yes 20 32.79%

No 41 67.21%

Total:61

I expect to see a tweet like this from Ubisoft and other games developers going forward. 

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

I expect to see a tweet like this from Ubisoft and other games developers going forward. 

System Redux was one of those were it was very clear ther was a issue with it on one platform.
The PS5 version had raytraceing and ran better fps.. the differnce between the two consoles obv. isnt that large.

So this was a obvious case of it needing more work on the xsx side.

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Why cant you respond to a post without inserting your assumption? Was it necessary to add that I said "anything", while the very post I have in the quote tree dosent?

And no, playing the waiting game as you have for so long is you refusing to admit the problems the xbox has even under Phil Spencer. You "waiting to gloat" as you say is saying that you believe you are correct and time will prove you right. Ands thats something that just baffles me, how is time gona prove you right when you have been saying this since the x1 and now the gen is over, people have moved on and people are left disappointed? Do fans need to buy a new console and play the waiting game still? How did that waiting benefit x1 owners who bought into that PR? If that waiting exceeded the life span of an entire console then its plainly clear to say that it was false promises. I cant imagine why all those fans would stick with xbox after that.

You got no high ground here, you did the picture, not me. And without sidetracking this thread much further I’ll just say waiting in 2013 is different then waiting now. Back then Xbox had 5 studios. Five. And Mojang was multiplat. We now have 23 studios with over 30 actual dev teams. Game Pass is the best deal in gaming. I definitely can say I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

If you honestly believe 23 studios will lead to another generation of no new games beyond the Xbox Trinity, then I’ll say you are going to be in for a surprise. 

I never claimed 23 studios means nothing. I say that last gen people keped the hope the entire gen and just heard more and more promisses and nothing came out of it. What do you say to thouse people this time around? I feel theres has to be a large portion of the x1 fan base that are ditching the xbox after that, they should be rightfully angry. The new message is buy a new box and maybe wait untill 2022......maybe. The best I recommend xbox fans to do is not buy the new console until those games come.

What do I say...considering I’m one of them I’ll say look at everyone Xbox acquired. Games are inevitable. Like it’s kinda more then empty promises when you spend over 8 billion for 17 studios in 2 years. I personally am holding back till Halo, and I think 2021 is going to be better then people think. If you make the games, people will come. 

2022 is gonna be a slaughter, that’s when many of the games announced will release where as PS used up their best studios in 2020/2021 aka the PlayStation 5 (Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Sucker Punch, Insomniac, and Guerilla). 2022 will be a softer year for you guys. But again I’m excited for Xbox in 2021. 

But back on topic, I do feel that since devs got the final dev kits way too late, we will hopefully see the multiplats start to pull away in the spring. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I just tagged hiku for the same reason he quoted sales about the i think comment, which frankly was hilarious

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

sales2099 said:

But back on topic, I do feel that since devs got the final dev kits way too late, we will hopefully see the multiplats start to pull away in the spring. 

You keep passing rumours and assumptions as facts.

But let’s say you are right, when did devs receive those kits compared to the PS5’s?

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

sales2099 said:

You got no high ground here, you did the picture, not me. And without sidetracking this thread much further I’ll just say waiting in 2013 is different then waiting now. Back then Xbox had 5 studios. Five. And Mojang was multiplat. We now have 23 studios with over 30 actual dev teams. Game Pass is the best deal in gaming. I definitely can say I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

If you honestly believe 23 studios will lead to another generation of no new games beyond the Xbox Trinity, then I’ll say you are going to be in for a surprise. 

I never claimed 23 studios means nothing. I say that last gen people keped the hope the entire gen and just heard more and more promisses and nothing came out of it. What do you say to thouse people this time around? I feel theres has to be a large portion of the x1 fan base that are ditching the xbox after that, they should be rightfully angry. The new message is buy a new box and maybe wait untill 2022......maybe. The best I recommend xbox fans to do is not buy the new console until those games come.

What do I say...considering I’m one of them I’ll say look at everyone Xbox acquired. Games are inevitable. Like it’s kinda more then empty promises when you spend over 8 billion for 17 studios in 2 years. I personally am holding back till Halo, and I think 2021 is going to be better then people think. If you make the games, people will come. 

2022 is gonna be a slaughter, that’s when many of the games announced will release where as PS used up their best studios in 2020/2021 aka the PlayStation 5 (Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Sucker Punch, Insomniac, and Guerilla). 2022 will be a softer year for you guys. But again I’m excited for Xbox in 2021. 

After all the advices of counting the eggs before hatching you still doing it? ND, Sucker Punch don't have any listed release to 2021, and there are still other studios with no game revealed yet. But sure keep counting on your bloodbath by 2022, if Sony manages to severely outsell Xbox during 2021 will you still be in the site to celebrate if MS indeed show a lot more exclusive games than Sony in 2022?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

XBSS running the game at 30fps might be the worst offender here. That is not the promised next gen experience. XBSS should be optimized for 1080 TVs at 60fps

Hynad said:
sales2099 said:

You keep passing rumours and assumptions as facts.

But let’s say you are right, when did devs receive those kits compared to the PS5’s?

My post you just quoted literally said “feel” instead of “know”. As well as “hopefully” instead of “factually”. But to your question it was around June of this year, much after Sony had their ready. We’ll see 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

sales2099 said:

After all the advices of counting the eggs before hatching you still doing it? ND, Sucker Punch don't have any listed release to 2021, and there are still other studios with no game revealed yet. But sure keep counting on your bloodbath by 2022, if Sony manages to severely outsell Xbox during 2021 will you still be in the site to celebrate if MS indeed show a lot more exclusive games than Sony in 2022?

I said 2020-2021 for the best studios, which ND and SP fall in. Neither one is known to make a game within 2 years. If anyone can do it it’s Insomniac, those guys are just a assembly line of good games. But otherwise the rest of Sony’s studios just don’t hold the same weight as their top 5. So call it a guesstimate. Predicting eggs before they hatch. 

I’ll be here. It ain’t just about consoles no more. Plus objectively it does make sense to celebrate having more games. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 19 November 2020

Double post. This site is slow today. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 19 November 2020