By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Valhalla: PS5 vs Xbox Series X - Updated NX Gamer - Update Digital Foundry

Were you expecting a big advantage for the XSX?

Yes 20 32.79%

No 41 67.21%

Total:61
DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
Manlytears said:
Angelv577 said:
I wonder if recent face off favoring ps5 was the reason MS changed their marketing from " the most powerful console" to " the most powerful xbox"

I also noticed this. Seeing PS5 delivering better results sure have something to do with this. I find it very funny to see such results, lots of Xbox "zealots" are taking a big "L".

(Insert picture)

User was moderated for this post - Hiku

You said Xbox fans won’t admit anything, I admitted everything. Your response spoke volumes. Btw having a great time with Gears Tactics and EA Play games :)

And Hiku, fair enough. We just heard that Xbox gave out their full dev kit suite as late as June of this year. So if I must wait to gloat, then so be it. Ugh...feel like a PS3 fan saying “just wait” with teh Cell to kick in. I’ve become everything I hate lol. 

Why did you ignore the info that it wasn't in worse shape than PS5 SDK and that the improvements it may received won't be alone and PS5 will also receive? Did you chose to ignore you talking about PS5 being delayed, no final console, issues in manufacturing and everything else? And what about Xbox transparency that you have been talking for months now, it was MS marketing saying that AC Valhalla would play better on Xbox (besides they having marketing deal so you can't fault devs to giving preference to Sony).

Actually I never really paid close attention about the SDKs until recently. Rumors are rumors. What you want me to say? Each side cherry picks the reports that benefit their narrative. I make no excuses in that regard. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
Manlytears said:
Angelv577 said:
I wonder if recent face off favoring ps5 was the reason MS changed their marketing from " the most powerful console" to " the most powerful xbox"

I also noticed this. Seeing PS5 delivering better results sure have something to do with this. I find it very funny to see such results, lots of Xbox "zealots" are taking a big "L".

They wont admit it, now they are playing the waiting game. As soon as one game shows up that is like 2% better on the console you will see thread after thread poping up again. 

We have admitted to playing the waiting game this whole time lol. The whole “23 studios” going to mathematically outpace Sony’s once they get going bla bla bla, same goes for this. We waited 7 years, what’s 1 more for a new Xbox golden age? 

(Insert picture)

You said Xbox fans won’t admit anything, I admitted everything. Your response spoke volumes. Btw having a great time with Gears Tactics and EA Play games :)

And Hiku, fair enough. We just heard that Xbox gave out their full dev kit suite as late as June of this year. So if I must wait to gloat, then so be it. Ugh...feel like a PS3 fan saying “just wait” with teh Cell to kick in. I’ve become everything I hate lol. 

Why cant you respond to a post without inserting your assumption? Was it necessary to add that I said "anything", while the very post I have in the quote tree dosent?

And no, playing the waiting game as you have for so long is you refusing to admit the problems the xbox has even under Phil Spencer. You "waiting to gloat" as you say is saying that you believe you are correct and time will prove you right. Ands thats something that just baffles me, how is time gona prove you right when you have been saying this since the x1 and now the gen is over, people have moved on and people are left disappointed? Do fans need to buy a new console and play the waiting game still? How did that waiting benefit x1 owners who bought into that PR? If that waiting exceeded the life span of an entire console then its plainly clear to say that it was false promises. I cant imagine why all those fans would stick with xbox after that.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

We have admitted to playing the waiting game this whole time lol. The whole “23 studios” going to mathematically outpace Sony’s once they get going bla bla bla, same goes for this. We waited 7 years, what’s 1 more for a new Xbox golden age? 

(Insert picture)

Why cant you respond to a post without inserting your assumption? Was it necessary to add that I said "anything", while the very post I have in the quote tree dosent?

And no, playing the waiting game as you have for so long is you refusing to admit the problems the xbox has even under Phil Spencer. You "waiting to gloat" as you say is saying that you believe you are correct and time will prove you right. Ands thats something that just baffles me, how is time gona prove you right when you have been saying this since the x1 and now the gen is over, people have moved on and people are left disappointed? Do fans need to buy a new console and play the waiting game still? How did that waiting benefit x1 owners who bought into that PR? If that waiting exceeded the life span of an entire console then its plainly clear to say that it was false promises. I cant imagine why all those fans would stick with xbox after that.

You got no high ground here, you did the picture, not me. And without sidetracking this thread much further I’ll just say waiting in 2013 is different then waiting now. Back then Xbox had 5 studios. Five. And Mojang was multiplat. We now have 23 studios with over 30 actual dev teams. Game Pass is the best deal in gaming. I definitely can say I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

If you honestly believe 23 studios will lead to another generation of no new games beyond the Xbox Trinity, then I’ll say you are going to be in for a surprise. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DonFerrari said:
Nate4Drake said:
DF clearly said PS5 performs BETTER, with XSX having screen tearing much more often, and can't even mantain 60 fps or close to when res drops to 1440p. In the scene where people move around with torches in the small village, in the whole scene PS5 keeps a perfect 60 fps with just a small drop to 58 fps, than back to steady 60 fps. XSX stays constantly below 50 fps, down to 46 fps, than 48 fps, and stay there. This is a massive 15% performance difference, plus add XSX is tearing much MUCH more, and there are many scenarios where PS5 version does not have screen tearing at all.Also, PS5 stays at higher res in many scenarios. DF said that. PS5 is the superior version, and not even by a small margin.

He corrected that. 15% is the average for the clip. When it drops for 46 vs 60 (that he speculate could be lot more since it have v-sync and is capped) it is 24% better on PS5 or 30% worse on Xbox depending on which you prefer to use.

OMG, that's a lot !   Mark Cerny really did a great job with PS5.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

i dont care much about multiplats if the games are relatively close in performance.I want to see what Sony and Microsoft first party studios can do with the new machines.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
Manlytears said:
Angelv577 said:

(Insert picture)

Why did you ignore the info that it wasn't in worse shape than PS5 SDK and that the improvements it may received won't be alone and PS5 will also receive? Did you chose to ignore you talking about PS5 being delayed, no final console, issues in manufacturing and everything else? And what about Xbox transparency that you have been talking for months now, it was MS marketing saying that AC Valhalla would play better on Xbox (besides they having marketing deal so you can't fault devs to giving preference to Sony).

Actually I never really paid close attention about the SDKs until recently. Rumors are rumors. What you want me to say? Each side cherry picks the reports that benefit their narrative. I make no excuses in that regard. 

I gave you the links in this thread in direct reply to you.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

(Insert picture)

You got no high ground here, you did the picture, not me. And without sidetracking this thread much further I’ll just say waiting in 2013 is different then waiting now. Back then Xbox had 5 studios. Five. And Mojang was multiplat. We now have 23 studios with over 30 actual dev teams. Game Pass is the best deal in gaming. I definitely can say I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

If you honestly believe 23 studios will lead to another generation of no new games beyond the Xbox Trinity, then I’ll say you are going to be in for a surprise. 

I never claimed 23 studios means nothing. I say that last gen people keped the hope the entire gen and just heard more and more promisses and nothing came out of it. What do you say to thouse people this time around? I feel theres has to be a large portion of the x1 fan base that are ditching the xbox after that, they should be rightfully angry. The new message is buy a new box and maybe wait untill 2022......maybe. The best I recommend xbox fans to do is not buy the new console until those games come.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Is the "devs will get used to developing for the SeriesX in the future" the new "power of the cloud" secret sauce of this gen ?

DakonBlackblade said:

Is the "devs will get used to developing for the SeriesX in the future" the new "power of the cloud" secret sauce of this gen ?

No, I was told SSD was the Secret Sauce and that no doubt every multiplat game would perform better on Xbox. But then this is an Ubi game (let's ignore the other 4 that also perform better on PS5, and ignore that the only one that performs better in some places on Xbox and on others in PS5 - DMC - in the 120hz mode some sections see Xbox like 40% lower than PS5.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
DakonBlackblade said:

No, I was told SSD was the Secret Sauce and that no doubt every multiplat game would perform better on Xbox. But then this is an Ubi game (let's ignore the other 4 that also perform better on PS5, and ignore that the only one that performs better in some places on Xbox and on others in PS5 - DMC - in the 120hz mode some sections see Xbox like 40% lower than PS5.

But what about the 23 studios that haven't yet developed 1 single game worth of notice (ad some of which may or may not release their games multiplat - Bethesda never 100% said they wouldn't), that surely will make the SeriesX much much more powerful than the PS5.