By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Valhalla: PS5 vs Xbox Series X - Updated NX Gamer - Update Digital Foundry

Were you expecting a big advantage for the XSX?

Yes 20 32.79%

No 41 67.21%

Total:61

I know some people called COD but I havent seen any comparison videos, but its easy to assume as that was backed by sony. But whats the next big game? Seems like only cyberpunk is coming this year, and thats a MS backed title. Should be interesting.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

just wait for haze,mag,lair i mean just wait for the for the devs getting used with the tools MS provides

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I feel like this wouldn't be as big of a deal had Microsoft not counted their chickens before they hatched with "The World's Most Powerful Console" Marketing nonsense that was repeated ad-nausea for months. Was all that really necessary especially when the gap really wasn't anything worth bragging about (that is, smallest ever in history based on tflops)?

We also had a lot of FUD spread about the PS5, some of which by Microsoft-focused journalists, claiming all sorts of wild rumors about things running hot (false), running mostly at 9.0 TFlops (false), and being RDNA 1.0 (false).

The lead-up to next-gen has been filled with so much unnecessary and frankly ridiculous, speculative drama. To see the tables turned is very interesting, but the reasonable minds won out here -- any console that is within spitting distance of another on TFLops is likely going to have OTHER ASPECTS of these customized designs/APIs determine which one wins out in certain cases overall.

At the end of the day we should just be happy that the console performance is closer than it's ever been, despite some different design choices by both companies. However, it is a pretty big win in Sony's favor that they can deliver this kind of leading performance at a cheaper price once again ( PS5 DE), and it really makes the XSS seem like a terrible value and you really question whether it was really a bright idea to bring that to market. Time will tell.

Angelv577 said:
I wonder if recent face off favoring ps5 was the reason MS changed their marketing from " the most powerful console" to " the most powerful xbox"

I also noticed this. Seeing PS5 delivering better results sure have something to do with this. I find it very funny to see such results, lots of Xbox "zealots" are taking a big "L".

Manlytears said:
Angelv577 said:
I wonder if recent face off favoring ps5 was the reason MS changed their marketing from " the most powerful console" to " the most powerful xbox"

I also noticed this. Seeing PS5 delivering better results sure have something to do with this. I find it very funny to see such results, lots of Xbox "zealots" are taking a big "L".

They wont admit it, now they are playing the waiting game. As soon as one game shows up that is like 2% better on the console you will see thread after thread poping up again. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/369796/ASSASSINS_CREED__VALHALLA_WILL_LAUNCH_WORLDWIDE_ON_10_TH_NOVEMBER.php

With the Xbox Series X | S, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will take full advantage of the enhanced graphics, giving players the opportunity to experience the open world of Norway and England down to the very last detail. On Xbox Series X, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will run at 60 FPS in full 4K resolution.

4 ≈ One

https://youtu.be/zCPigsCrqLg

its a matter of Xbox not having the final dev kit to developers until much after Sony had theirs ready. It’s the launch period so no biggie but Series X will start to pull away as time goes on.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

eva01beserk said:
Manlytears said:
Angelv577 said:

They wont admit it, now they are playing the waiting game. As soon as one game shows up that is like 2% better on the console you will see thread after thread poping up again. 

We have admitted to playing the waiting game this whole time lol. The whole “23 studios” going to mathematically outpace Sony’s once they get going bla bla bla, same goes for this. We waited 7 years, what’s 1 more for a new Xbox golden age? 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Hiku said:
sales2099 said:

https://youtu.be/zCPigsCrqLg

its a matter of Xbox not having the final dev kit to developers until much after Sony had theirs ready. It’s the launch period so no biggie but Series X will start to pull away as time goes on.

Instead of learning from last time where you didn't read the article properly and said that the DF comparison favoring SX would be inevitable, you now make yet another absolute assertion, that could come crashing down on your face again.

You said you've waited 7 years to be on the 'smiling side'. So why not wait a few more weeks or months, or using terms like 'maybe', instead of potentially getting (more) egg on your face?
I don't get it.

Thought the idea was to say my intention was to wait but am confident nonetheless. Being silent at the start of a new generation is difficult. The specs alone make me confident and if there wasn’t a 20% gap I’d be more on the sidelines. 

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
Manlytears said:
Angelv577 said:

We have admitted to playing the waiting game this whole time lol. The whole “23 studios” going to mathematically outpace Sony’s once they get going bla bla bla, same goes for this. We waited 7 years, what’s 1 more for a new Xbox golden age? 

User was moderated for this post - Hiku

Last edited by Hiku - on 19 November 2020