By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 to PS5 transition will take 3 years, more cross-gen games coming from Sony

PotentHerbs said:
sales2099 said:

Gow Ragnarok cross gen, I’m predicting this here and now. It is still frustrating to see a largely supportive response when Xbox got ripped apart for being transparent almost a year ago on this matter. And that comment was 1-2 years.

Huh? A lot of Sony fans criticized cross gen HFW. What threads are you looking at?

Yeah, ignore him. I haven't seen people supporting this move, not in a small nor a large way. Hell, as an ardent PS fan, I would say cross-gen is shit

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Oh boy, can't wait to see what other games gonna be cross gen.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

hunter_alien said:
PotentHerbs said:
sales2099 said:

Gow Ragnarok cross gen, I’m predicting this here and now. It is still frustrating to see a largely supportive response when Xbox got ripped apart for being transparent almost a year ago on this matter. And that comment was 1-2 years.

Huh? A lot of Sony fans criticized cross gen HFW. What threads are you looking at?

Yeah, ignore him. I haven't seen people supporting this move, not in a small nor a large way. Hell, as an ardent PS fan, I would say cross-gen is shit

I agree. Even if GoW: Ragnarok is cross generation, I'm not going pretend that the PS4 version isn't holding back the PS5 version, like many Xbox fans on this site have convinced themselves otherwise. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 10 November 2020

Signalstar said:
Nothing in the original Japanese or the translation specifies Sony releasing more cross gen games. The reference to "developers" is a catch-all term that likely means third party partners as well.

This post will unfortunately be ignored. 

sales2099 said:

I haven't seen it largely supported at all. The best I've seen is people saying they understand because they are leaving behind a 100 million + fan base and that's a lot of money to leave on the table. I think it's garbage and I hate it.

Last edited by method114 - on 10 November 2020

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

I think if God of War Ragnarak was cross gen, Sony would have announced it with Sackboy, Miles & HFW. 

Except they waited months after announcing Spiderman and Horizon before saying they were cross gen. I believe a similar tactic could be used with GoW: Build hype and slip in news after word of mouth has travelled enough. 

In your quote to me, I simply don’t see the same intensity in responses as I saw when Xbox said it. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

shikamaru317 said:
PotentHerbs said:

I think if God of War Ragnarak was cross gen, Sony would have announced it with Sackboy, Miles & HFW. 

God of War Ragnarok itself wasn't announced yet when they announced cross-gen for Sackboy, Miles, and Horizon 2. But they probably would have announced cross-gen for it when the game was announced, if it was cross-gen. 

Actually, God of War Ragnarok was announced when Sony revealed their cross gen strategy, which was in a blog post shortly after the September showcase.

Well, I guess in the end, both consoles will be the same. The "we believe in generations" was just a way to take a jab at Microsoft. But in the end, money talks and money is still with PS4 and Xbox One owners who will take around 3 years to upgrade.

jardesonbarbosa said:
Well, I guess in the end, both consoles will be the same. The "we believe in generations" was just a way to take a jab at Microsoft. But in the end, money talks and money is still with PS4 and Xbox One owners who will take around 3 years to upgrade.

Believing in generations doesn’t have to only mean having games exclusive for that gen.

If they weren’t making some of their games as cross-gen, people would complain that they are screwing over PS4 owners.

Then, you take into account that many of these cross gen titles started being produced long before PS5 dev kits were sent to developers. And studios made an effort to port those project to the new gen by adding the bells and whistles the new consoles make possible.

Considering how expensive and how long it takes to make a game now, why anyone would try to spin this as a negative is beyond reason.

Last edited by Hynad - on 11 November 2020

sales2099 said:
PotentHerbs said:

Except they waited months after announcing Spiderman and Horizon before saying they were cross gen. I believe a similar tactic could be used with GoW: Build hype and slip in news after word of mouth has travelled enough. 

In your quote to me, I simply don’t see the same intensity in responses as I saw when Xbox said it. 

If Sony had no next generation exclusives, I could see your theory holding some weight, but considering Sony "buried" their cross generation strategy in the blog post, I don't see why they would omit GoW if it was cross gen since it minimizes the PR backlash. Titles like Demon's Souls and Ratchet, which weren't mentioned as cross gen games, were later confirmed to be PS5 exclusives. 

As for the intensity of responses, yeah, you might want to look again lol.