By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 11th Annual Greatest Games Event - The Discussion Thread

mZuzek said:
TruckOSaurus said:

@Runa216 : #49 is probably Guitar Hero.

Not quite.

Rock Band then?

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Mnementh said:

Time for the next game to guess. And #37 is unguessed so far, so I add a hint.

#40: Resident Evil as guessed by UnderwaterFunktown

#39: Baldur's Gate III guessed by UnderwaterFunktown
After 20 years finally we get the third mainline entry, for the moment in early access.

#38: Pikmin guessed by cosmic_drift
Your spaceship crashed on this strange planet and you need to find it's missing parts.

Your first task: dig out a skull.
Said skull gives you pointers what to do next.

#36: Assassins Creed Odyssey guessed by Jpcc86
Climb enormous statues of gods to enjoy the view.

#37: Planetscape Torment?

I patenting Planetscape, because that is kinda an awesome name. But no, it's not Planescape Torment, I gave a third hint too.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Runa216 said:

50 - This game's theme song was so popular and well-liked they released it on the video game Rock Band
- The campaign is only about 4-5 hours long on a first playthrough but as little as 1-2 for experienced players.
- There was a second entry in the franchise which is also on my list. There was no third, but there have been side-games.

49 - The PS2 and Xbox 360 versions of the game were mostly identical but the Xbox 360 version had a bit more unique content.
- This game is what really propelled a genre into the mainstream, only to have it fizzle out a few years later.
- It's direct sequel was 80's themed and only done to fulfil contract requirements.

48 - This beloved classic leaned into the genre's more campy elements and is widely considered a masterpiece for it.
- It might be one of the most remastered and rereleased games of all time, and the company recently redid its prequels to great success.
- While originally meant to be a Gamecube exclusive, it was quickly ported to PS2 and has since been on basically every console ever.

47 - This game left people wondering if the protagonist was human or not, given his relations to other humans within the game world.
- It is also one of the highest rated games of all time and the best-selling in its franchise.
- You can get up to 999 of the main collectible, but there are 880 unique tasks to get them.

46 - Your ally is a vegetable and your enemy is an idiot.
- This game is a sequel to another game already on the list.
- This sequel added a co-op mode that, while not as story rich, I've never actually completed due to not having a coop partner to do it with!

45 - What's gravity? Infinity, that's what.
- This game got a remake that sold better than the original.
- shockingly, this game had a mercedes partnership/marketing push.

44 - Axiom Verge

43 - The Messenger

42 - For the first time ever in this sequel, you can play as the main hero's best friend in their own unique campaign.
- It is the fourth entry in the series, which is in its own is a side-series to a game that has been around since the NES
- This entry is well-known for remaining 2D in an era where almost all other platformers were going 3D.

41 - Red Dead Redemption

40 - This game helped to popularize the idea of selling to customers before the official game was released.

#42: Megaman and Bass?

#45: Mario Kart 8

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Ha! This time I was faster, after you beat me on Adventure.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

#37: Planetscape Torment?

I patenting Planetscape, because that is kinda an awesome name. But no, it's not Planescape Torment, I gave a third hint too.

Lol, damn Autocorrect. I meant Planescape: Torment, of course. Also, the first 2 hints did fit to Morte pretty damn well.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Mnementh said:

Lol, damn Autocorrect. I meant Planescape: Torment, of course. Also, the first 2 hints did fit to Morte pretty damn well.

There are more games with talking skulls than I realized.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Close but not quite. Same franchise but different sub-series. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

mZuzek said:
Runa216 said:

50 - This game's theme song was so popular and well-liked they released it on the video game Rock Band
- The campaign is only about 4-5 hours long on a first playthrough but as little as 1-2 for experienced players.
- There was a second entry in the franchise which is also on my list. There was no third, but there have been side-games.

Okay, you know what. This is bothering me, so I'll do it. Runa hasn't sent me my list yet, so technically I'm not cheating... but I do realize it looks suspicious. I'll continue to refrain from guessing people's games, but man, y'all should play more Rock Band.

The song is Still Alive, from Portal.

Edit: looking through the other hints now, #49 could bother me too if it goes unguessed (it will). But I'll leave it be.

GTA 3?

I'm more of a spectator than a player

d21lewis said:
mZuzek said:

Okay, you know what. This is bothering me, so I'll do it. Runa hasn't sent me my list yet, so technically I'm not cheating... but I do realize it looks suspicious. I'll continue to refrain from guessing people's games, but man, y'all should play more Rock Band.

The song is Still Alive, from Portal.

Edit: looking through the other hints now, #49 could bother me too if it goes unguessed (it will). But I'll leave it be.

GTA 3?

I'm more of a spectator than a player

I already confirmed it was Guitar Hero II. Rock Band will feature much later in the list. I wish I could just put the franchise as an entrant since I don't really consider each entrant its own thing but a piece of the collective whole. ALAS, there we go! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Close but not quite. Same franchise but different sub-series. 

Megaman X4?