By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 11th Annual Greatest Games Event - The Discussion Thread

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Here's some hints from a couple more of my games.

40.  Part of the gameplay of this game involves obtaining 3 keys to open up 3 different gates.  Kinda like the plot to Ready Player One.

39.  This gameplay on this SNES entry is closer the to the original arcade version of the series than it is to the NES entry.

39 - Super Punch Out??

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

hmmmm

#42 - The gameplay begins with your character being thrown in an alley and dropping a line that has since become a very popular meme.
Hint 2 - It was the most popular game in this extremely popular series, until being dethroned by one of the best ever selling games.

#41 - This sequel introduced a co-op mode that was the very definition of giving a controller to your younger sibling just so they can feel like they're doing something.
Hint 2 - It's a platformer and it's not Super Mario Galaxy 2.

42: GTA San Andreas

41: LittleBigPlanet 2?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Mnementh said:

I guess it's time for the next bunch of games to guess.

After 20 years finally we get the third mainline entry, for the moment in early access.

Your spaceship crashed on this strange planet and you need to find it's missing parts.

Your first task: dig out a skull.

39) Baldur's Gate III?

Yes!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Here's the next set of hints so I can stay ahead of the list.

-The immortal main character has no memory of his past life

-The most overrated game I've played from the last five years. Still great though, obviously.

-The 12th game in the series, the 7th game in the sub-series within the series, and the 2nd game in its own story arc within the sub-series

-A helicopter makes a building collapse while you're inside it

-Eventually, there will be a singularity where all the video game characters ever will have appeared in this series. This is the latest entry.

Darashiva said:

-The most overrated game I've played from the last five years. Still great though, obviously.

-The 12th game in the series, the 7th game in the sub-series within the series, and the 2nd game in its own story arc within the sub-series

-Eventually, there will be a singularity where all the video game characters ever will have appeared in this series. This is the latest entry.

#39: Zelda: Breath of the Wild

#36: Super Smash Bros Ultimate

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Around the Network
Darashiva said:

39 - Thats either BOTW or Mario Odyssey. Since BOTW is taken, im going with Mario Odyssey. 

37 - Uncharted 2 

Mnementh said:

#39: Zelda: Breath of the Wild

#36: Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Correct on both.

Jpcc86 said:

39 - Thats either BOTW or Mario Odyssey. Since BOTW is taken, im going with Mario Odyssey. 

37 - Uncharted 2 

It was BoTW, correct on UC2.

mZuzek said:
Kantor said:
mZuzek said:

#42 - The gameplay begins with your character being thrown in an alley and dropping a line that has since become a very popular meme.
Hint 2 - It was the most popular game in this extremely popular series, until being dethroned by one of the best ever selling games.

#41 - This sequel introduced a co-op mode that was the very definition of giving a controller to your younger sibling just so they can feel like they're doing something.
Hint 2 - It's a platformer and it's not Super Mario Galaxy 2.

42: GTA San Andreas

41: LittleBigPlanet 2?

42 is right, 41 isn't.

41, DKC2: Diddy's Kong Quest??

Mnementh said:

#39: Baldur's Gate III guessed by UnderwaterFunktown
After 20 years finally we get the third mainline entry, for the moment in early access.

Your spaceship crashed on this strange planet and you need to find it's missing parts.

38: Pikmin?

cosmic_drift said:
Mnementh said:

#39: Baldur's Gate III guessed by UnderwaterFunktown

38: Pikmin?

Yes!