By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 11th Annual Greatest Games Event - The Discussion Thread

Bofferbrauer2 said:

So, since I missed so much time, here's hints for several games at once:

#50: best PC exclusive beat'em up - and it's totally free now!

#49: The game that put the RTS genre in a fantasy setting on the map

#48: One of the latest games for the Neo-Geo, but also one of the best - and certainly the best of it's series

#47: You can belly dance in this series, but in this game, unlike the others, you can't transform

#46: Summon Volcanoes or dig craters in this very innovative shooter/genre mix

#45: A really gory Wii game MadWorld Correct Answer by Peelman

#44: A 30 year old game similar to Metroid

#43: M-M-M-Monsterkill!

#42: Based on a Cartoon series whose theme song will never leave your brain Duck Tales Correct Answer by Peelman

48: Metal Slug 5?

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Mnementh said:
Ryotsu said:
The Last of Us 2 GOTY or Ghost of Tsushima

We'll find out once mZuzek compiles the lists in the new year. But I can say that my highest ranking 2020 game is an indie.

Same here... and you'll never guess which one it is... unless you look at my avatar that is.

I need to get to play this one too. But I get currently spoiled with my soft spot for ancient greek mythology. I played AssCreed:Odyssey which uses this setting, I am totally hyped for Fenyx Rising, on Netflix I recently watched Blood of Zeus which impressed me by featuring some usually lesser used gods like Hermes, Appollon (and he was radiant in the show) and Hephaistos. Sadly my favourite Athena wasn't featured. And yes, then you have your Avatar.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

And my #42 is another open world game. So much fun and engaging that I can forgive a little repetitive busy work and filler.

Spider-Man for the PS4!

S.Peelman said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
S.Peelman said:

45: Madworld

44: Castlevania 4?

43: Unreal Tournament.. let's say 2003

42: DuckTales?

45: correct!

44: nope

43: Almost! Soo close!

42: Woo Hoo! Yes!

2004 it is then.

And yeah DuckTales has a great theme song. The NES game has a great 8-bit rendition of it. Though maybe you'll include the remake.

Yep, UT 2004 it is!

And yeah, I meant the NES game, though the remake ain't bad either.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

#49: The game that put the RTS genre in a fantasy setting on the map

#48: One of the latest games for the Neo-Geo, but also one of the best - and certainly the best of it's series

#47: You can belly dance in this series, but in this game, unlike the others, you can't transform

#43: M-M-M-Monsterkill!

#42: Based on a Cartoon series whose theme song will never leave your brain Duck Tales Correct Answer by Peelman

49. Warcraft?

44. Blaster Master?

For #49: Almost correct. Warcraft was the first, but not nearly as successful as it's successor, which really put the series into the forefront. Still, since I badly worded the question I'll let it pass.

#44: Nope!

Supermario28 said:

48: Metal Slug 5?

The series is correct, but not which one it is...

Bofferbrauer2 said:

#49: The game that put the RTS genre in a fantasy setting on the map Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness Found out by The Liquid Laser

#43: M-M-M-Monsterkill! Unreal Tournament 2004 Peelman found it out

47) Shantae? Haven't actually played any of them, so the original is my best guess

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

Looks like it's a bit too difficult, so here are some hints:

Hint #1: The fighters are not humans, but giant robots the size of a small skyscraper. One Must Fall Found by Mnementh

Hint #1: You fight ennemies mostly by whipping your hair at them. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, found out by Jpcc86

Hint #1: Has an Arabian Nights setting.

Originally an Commodore 64 exclusive, later ported to the Amiga, PC and the Megadrive/Genesis Turrican, fount out by Jpcc86

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 20 November 2020

mZuzek said:

Gonna hint the next two.

#42 - The gameplay begins with your character being thrown in an alley and dropping a line that has since become a very popular meme.
#41 - This sequel introduced a co-op mode that was the very definition of giving a controller to your younger sibling just so they can feel like they're doing something.

#41: Super Mario Galaxy 2?

Bofferbrauer2 said:

#49: The game that put the RTS genre in a fantasy setting on the map Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness Found out by The Liquid Laser

47- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse?

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

47) Shantae? Haven't actually played any of them, so the original is my best guess

The series is correct, but it's not the original title (never got to play that one)

Jpcc86 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

47- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse?

Yes, that's the one!