By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 11th Annual Greatest Games Event - The Discussion Thread

d21lewis said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Jpcc86 said:

Bionic Commando, the twist being that your arm was your wife all along. 

Just like real life. 

Nope to everything. 21 is a twist based on a specific characteristic of the console. And GTA V was number 50 on my list.

I'm sure Gargoyle's Quest isn't the game you're describing but it was my favorite Gameboy game for a long time. Your post just reminded me of it. 

You're looking for a character called "The Red Blaze". 

The box art has a green gargoyle and the system is monochrome so everything was either green or yellow. Towards the end, you find out that your character was red the whole time and (of course) you were playing as Firebrand, the Red Blaze.

Sounds pretty cool. Not the game I was looking for like you guessed, but yea it's this type of plot twist I meant by "hardware based".

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

23. Jedi Knight?

Yes!

Well, Jedi Knight II to be exact but the hint doesn’t specify and it fits both so I count that as a win.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Here are some more hints:

My #24 was Mr. Do, which no one guessed.  (Understandable, because it's an early 80s arcade game.)

20.  A certain developer essentially created a whole genre.  A few years later they created this game, a multiplayer oriented entry, which competed with the first series which they also created.

19.  This is a PS3 entry of a series that is known for being on the PC and having a certain developer's name in the title.

18.  One of the characters in this PS1 game looks a lot like a character class from an NES game in the same series.

17.  In this entry, it costs twice as much to command your tank as it does to command your infantry.

20: Rock Band?

S.Peelman said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

My #24 was Mr. Do, which no one guessed.  (Understandable, because it's an early 80s arcade game.)

20.  A certain developer essentially created a whole genre.  A few years later they created this game, a multiplayer oriented entry, which competed with the first series which they also created.

19.  This is a PS3 entry of a series that is known for being on the PC and having a certain developer's name in the title.

18.  One of the characters in this PS1 game looks a lot like a character class from an NES game in the same series.

17.  In this entry, it costs twice as much to command your tank as it does to command your infantry.

Too perfect to not be Rock Band.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

S.Peelman said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Correct!

Around the Network

Alright, still no guesses for this one so here's another hint.

-The main character is a female "Bracer" named Estelle, picks up directly after the first game

-The English language script for this JRPG is longer than the entire Lord of the Rings-trilogy

-Set in the kingdom of Liberl, though events in the neighboring kingdom of Erebonia also have an impact on the events of the game

20 - This game abandons its predecessor's jungle setting for the snowy mountains. The next game in the series is set in a desert.

19 - The protagonist's long-lost brother turns up alive and suggests they resume a treasure hunt they abandoned 15 years before.

18 - Years after losing his daughter, the protagonist cares for a girl the same age and slowly comes to love her.

17 - The first game in this series was regarded as a great idea with wasted potential, which this game fully realised. It was so popular, the developers made two direct sequels with the same protagonist.

16 - This strategy game was hugely popular, if not quite as popular as the RPG that follows on from it

15 - The protagonist spends most of this game making friends with everyone on his starship. Your success in the final mission is highly dependent upon how many friends you made.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

20 - This game abandons its predecessor's jungle setting for the snowy mountains. The next game in the series is set in a desert.

19 - The protagonist's long-lost brother turns up alive and suggests they resume a treasure hunt they abandoned 15 years before.

18 - Years after losing his daughter, the protagonist cares for a girl the same age and slowly comes to love her.

17 - The first game in this series was regarded as a great idea with wasted potential, which this game fully realised. It was so popular, the developers made two direct sequels with the same protagonist.

16 - This strategy game was hugely popular, if not quite as popular as the RPG that follows on from it

15 - The protagonist spends most of this game making friends with everyone on his starship. Your success in the final mission is highly dependent upon how many friends you made.

Hmm, got guesses for all of these

20) Uncharted 2

19) Uncharted 4

18) The Last of Us

17) Assasin's Creed 2

16) Warcraft 3

15) Mass Effect 2

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Kantor said:

Hmm, got guesses for all of these

20) Uncharted 2

19) Uncharted 4

18) The Last of Us

17) Assasin's Creed 2

16) Warcraft 3

15) Mass Effect 2

All correct! Nicely done.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

mZuzek said:

#21 - You join the police to... fight otherwordly creatures from an alternate dimension?

Astral Chain