By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forecast: Xbox Gamepass will be released for PlayStation & Switch, 2021

The Microsoft boss has recently said that they want to bring the gamepass to all possible systems. I am sure that the Gamepass will appear on PlayStation and switch, end of 2021. I also read this theory from an insider. It could be negotiated in the near future. Good stats are very important to Microsoft and both others consoles will have strong sales, worldwide. The PS4 alone has well over 110 million players. This is a win-win situation for Microsoft. Personally, I don't need it because I've had little interest in Microsoft games (over the past 8 years) and this service. But i'm sure, maybe summer or end of 2021.

What do you think? xbox gamepass will be released for PS5/PS4 and switch, 2021 ? Not or maybe later, 2022/23? I'm interested in your prognosis.

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 08 November 2020

Around the Network

???

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

No for PS5 unless their browser based Xcloud works on console browsers but console browsers tend to be pretty shitty. Yes for Switch. It's a win - win for MS and Nintendo. MS gets to expand Game Pass to all Switch users and GP will not take away from Nintendo game sales.

Sony will block it saying it's a bad deal for consumers and then release the same under their own brand.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

There is no chance that Sony would allow Gamepass on their systems, especially with them pushing the PS Now, which is an alternative to the Gamepass.And unless MS fully integrates Gamepass to Nintendo service, without anything else on it like Xbox Live(essencially serving as a pure third party service), and Nintendo taking a cut from the Gamepass profits, I also think there is zero chance of that happening.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I think you're likely correct that GP will appear on both systems in the long run. I'm not sure that it'll happen in 2021 though. Nobody loses in the deal, so it's just a matter of reaching agreeable terms.

VAMatt said:
I think you're likely correct that GP will appear on both systems in the long run. I'm not sure that it'll happen in 2021 though. Nobody loses in the deal, so it's just a matter of reaching agreeable terms.

Dont know about that. I know there lot of people here who complain about backlogs. But I dont think thats the norm. Ofering all thouse games and the regular gamer will probably buy a lot less of the other games. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I highly doubt it.

This could work if MS put only first party games in the nintendo and Sony version of Gamepass.This dont affect third party sales and Sony and Nintendo players dont have to buy a Microsoft console .If all Bethesda games become microsoft exclusives, this can be the only way for nintendo and Sony gamers to play Elder scrolls and Fallout .Sorry for my bad english.

The only way I see this happening is if it works from any browser so Sony couldn't legaly block it. I don't expect Sony to put an app or anything the like on PS5, unless either MS pays a lot or it is a cheaper sub only for MS content.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."