By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forecast: Xbox Gamepass will be released for PlayStation & Switch, 2021

Sure, if MS buys Sony, game pass will be on ps5

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Sure, if MS buys Sony, game pass will be on ps5

Console launch is always a good time to say Sony is doomed and near bankrupt.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

eva01beserk said:
VAMatt said:
I think you're likely correct that GP will appear on both systems in the long run. I'm not sure that it'll happen in 2021 though. Nobody loses in the deal, so it's just a matter of reaching agreeable terms.

Dont know about that. I know there lot of people here who complain about backlogs. But I dont think thats the norm. Ofering all thouse games and the regular gamer will probably buy a lot less of the other games. 

At the end of the day, if XB games end up on PS via GP, then there will be almost no reason to buy an XB, effectively giving the whole market to Sony.  Sony also will get some amount of the GP revenue. Meanwhile, MS gets tens of millions of new customers for GP.  

As for GP subscribers buying fewer games.....  That would stand to reason.  But, if everyone is buying their games for PS, that will certainly offset that.  Then there's the GP revenue that Sony will get a piece of.  

Loneken said:
This could work if MS put only first party games in the nintendo and Sony version of Gamepass.This dont affect third party sales and Sony and Nintendo players dont have to buy a Microsoft console .If all Bethesda games become microsoft exclusives, this can be the only way for nintendo and Sony gamers to play Elder scrolls and Fallout .Sorry for my bad english.

Your English is totally fine. No need to apologize.

shikamaru317 said:

No chance on Sony, MS sees them as competition, plus Sony has blocked competing subscription services like EA Access on PS in the past, as well as being very resistant to crossplay with Xbox at first, until public opinion shifted against them and they were forced to allow crossplay, so there is clearly alot of animosity towards MS from Sony still. Maybe Nintendo Switch, but even that is somewhat doubtful, Phil was asked about future Nintendo support from MS recently and sounded like he is no longer as open to it as he once was. I'm guessing he is unhappy about how Nintendo refused to port any of their games to the Xbox ecosystem after he was nice enough to port several Xbox exclusives to Switch, he was probably hoping for a 2 way street and didn't get one.

Except Sony accepted and wanted crossplay on PS3 and PS4 launch, MS didn't want to play ball. That changed when PS4 dominated the market.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
shikamaru317 said:

No chance on Sony, MS sees them as competition, plus Sony has blocked competing subscription services like EA Access on PS in the past, as well as being very resistant to crossplay with Xbox at first, until public opinion shifted against them and they were forced to allow crossplay, so there is clearly alot of animosity towards MS from Sony still. Maybe Nintendo Switch, but even that is somewhat doubtful, Phil was asked about future Nintendo support from MS recently and sounded like he is no longer as open to it as he once was. I'm guessing he is unhappy about how Nintendo refused to port any of their games to the Xbox ecosystem after he was nice enough to port several Xbox exclusives to Switch, he was probably hoping for a 2 way street and didn't get one.

Except Sony accepted and wanted crossplay on PS3 and PS4 launch, MS didn't want to play ball. That changed when PS4 dominated the market.

does that matter for the story here or are you hoping that someone will find your remark sad and will feel sorry for Sony?

or is this irrevant

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Just wait for the Web browser version of gamepass, theoretically it should work on PS5 and that’ll be nice for any PlayStation gamer that wants to continue to enjoy games from Bethesda.

Phil said their is a priority list of where it’s going. IOS is the next step. Then probably Steam. Nintendo might be receptive if the terms are favourable but Sony I don’t see agreeing. Remember how long it took them to accept EA Play?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

shikamaru317 said:
DonFerrari said:
shikamaru317 said:

Both MS and PS leadership changed between those years. The PS of 2006 or 2013 is not the same PS who was initially trying to block crossplay with Xbox in 2018, by 2018 Playstation headquarters had moved from Tokyo to California, with the old head ousted. Likewise, Peter Moore was head of Xbox in 2006, Don Mattrick in 2013, and Phil Spencer in 2018 when MS was making the big push for crossplay that was ultimately successful. 

But that is not even important to my point, my point was that Sony was still showing alot of animosity towards Xbox just 2 years ago, making fun of Xbox's security and basically saying they wouldn't allow crossplay with Xbox because they needed to protect the children on PS. I doubt that just 3 years later, Sony would allow Gamepass on PS, especially since they've blocked other streaming services that would compete against PS Now in the past, such as EA Access. And that is if MS even wants Gamepass on PS, which I find somewhat doubtful. 

So your point is that we have to pretend MS wouldn't do the same if they had the power? Ok, but we don't believe in that.

Obviously Sony and Nintendo would have to gain something from that as well.Honestly at this point I don't see any reason for Sony at least to do that. They don't want their direct competition in their ecosystem and they don't have content problems, even if all of Bethesda will be shut out. GP is a good deal with cheap games, but it would have to become a major factor where Sony would be seriously bleeding customers because of it for them to consider taking it on. I think Sony will continue countering with their own program and their own content. I'm sure GP will be a factor for some when choosing a console, but I think it will cause buying multiple consoles more than it will cause jumping ship completely.