By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Johnny Depp asked to resign from Fantastic Beasts series after court loss, #3 delayed

The question is does she actually believe anything?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

I didn't know how to walk away either; she was severely depressed, self-harming and suicidal by the end so I was terrified if I left she'd kill herself.

In the end, I had to just gather my courage and say no more, I can't do this. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but I had to save myself. I urge you to do the same. For your own mental and physical safety, get out. 

There are very few people I've disclosed my experiences to, because I read people saying things like "but you're twice her size, why not just stop her" all the time online. My ex hit me in the throat while I was sleeping; how was my size supposed to prevent that? She punched me hard in the chest without warning for not finishing a drink in one go, my size didn't mean it didn't hurt and make me feel unsafe.

This all happened over 7 years ago and just in the last few months have I managed to finally overcome my fear of sleeping in the same room as someone else with my current partner, who is lovely and very understanding.

And if you immobilize her outsiders will say you are much bigger than her so you are hurting her and should be ashamed.

I did have to immobilize her a few times; once on a train station platform I had to hold her still to stop her jumping in front of an oncoming train.

On the occasions she hit me it simply happened without warning and too fast for me to react to stop it. Heck, one time I was dozing with my eyes closed. Superior strength alone is not enough to stop physical abuse.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 06 June 2022

I find this actual malice debate curious. She had first hand knowledge of the situation. She knew she was lying. She knowingly published false statements. That's actual malice. More over in a he said/she said case the credibility is important and Amber has none. Once Camille Vasquez cross examined her and repeatedly caught he in lies. She had lost whatever credibility she had left with the jury if she had any left to begin with.

Darc Requiem said:

I find this actual malice debate curious. She had first hand knowledge of the situation. She knew she was lying. She knowingly published false statements. That's actual malice. More over in a he said/she said case the credibility is important and Amber has none. Once Camille Vasquez cross examined her and repeatedly caught he in lies. She had lost whatever credibility she had left with the jury if she had any left to begin with.

The point JWeinCom was pushing was that it isn't she telling a lie or not, was if she believed it was a lie.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Darc Requiem said:

The point JWeinCom was pushing was that it isn't she telling a lie or not, was if she believed it was a lie.

You think somebody who honestly believed they were abused, real or not would go to court with a fake makeup bruise to get a TRO when their ex was out of the country and couldn't defend himself the day after police came over and said she had no bruises and tip off TMZ to take pics?

Yeah, no, that's somebody who knows they're lying, plain and simple. This is to say nothing of the PILES of other evidence she knows she's lying.

Oh, and speaking of trouble:

We did it, guys... I think.

Around the Network
KManX89 said:

Gee, I hope this is real.

KManX89 said:
DonFerrari said:

You think somebody who honestly believed they were abused, real or not would go to court with a fake makeup bruise to get a TRO when their ex was out of the country and couldn't defend himself the day after police came over and said she had no bruises and tip off TMZ to take pics?

Yeah, no, that's somebody who knows they're lying, plain and simple. This is to say nothing of the PILES of other evidence she knows she's lying.

For me the only way she could really believe she was telling the truth (for physical, psychological and sexual abuse) would be if she isn't sane (well she doesn't look much normal) but her lawyers didn't go that way as that would also destroy her future career.

And considering that even a fake fundme raised 1M in like a day to pay for her lost cause I think that even with everything that happened she will be back on screen in a short time due to pressure from some movements.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

SegaHeart said:

Actaul victims (real woman that are abused by actual men) are disgusted of her right now saying she doesn't speak on behalf of actual woman that were abused.

My own thoughts do you think she'll win or lose if the court system votes in her favor with more evidence against her? Can she win?

Here is the actual letter for point of reference:

"Amber, no victim of domestic violence acts in the manner in which you do. You are the abuser, not the abused."

KManX89 said:
SegaHeart said:

Actaul victims (real woman that are abused by actual men) are disgusted of her right now saying she doesn't speak on behalf of actual woman that were abused.

My own thoughts do you think she'll win or lose if the court system votes in her favor with more evidence against her? Can she win?

Here is the actual letter for point of reference:

"Amber, no victim of domestic violence acts in the manner in which you do. You are the abuser, not the abused."

What a good letter and my sympathy goes to people that truly suffered abuse.

DonFerrari said:
Darc Requiem said:

I have no words for how ridiculous that "point" is.