By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 44, 2020 (Oct 26 - Nov 01)

Tagged games:

curl-6 said:
heavenmercenary01 said:

Pikmin didn't get the chance to have mainline releases on successful consoles thus making it hard to judge its impact and its popularity.

Pikmin 1 and 2 were released on the Wii, a successful console.

Well, i specified that i was talking about mainline releases. Pikmin 1+2 were basically simple ports to the wii. if pikmin3 happened to be on the wii instead of the wiiU , sales would have been more interesting.

Anyway, we hope that the license gets the shine it deserves through the latest release on the switch, making (hopefully) a path for an eventual Pikmin4 for the upcoming 2/3 years. 

Around the Network
heavenmercenary01 said:
curl-6 said:
heavenmercenary01 said:

Pikmin didn't get the chance to have mainline releases on successful consoles thus making it hard to judge its impact and its popularity.

Pikmin 1 and 2 were released on the Wii, a successful console.

Well, i specified that i was talking about mainline releases. Pikmin 1+2 were basically simple ports to the wii. if pikmin3 happened to be on the wii instead of the wiiU , sales would have been more interesting.

Anyway, we hope that the license gets the shine it deserves through the latest release on the switch, making (hopefully) a path for an eventual Pikmin4 for the upcoming 2/3 years. 

Pikmin 3 on Switch is also a port, but yeah if it had originally released on Wii rather than Wii U I expect its sales would've been a lot better.

Even with SW having 1.5 the LTD and SMT4 being exclusive to Nintendo consoles prior, the SMT remaster shows there is a relatively massive audience of SMT on PS. I expect SMT5 to eventually get ported to PS4/5 unless Nintendo have moneyhatted it. Also makes me laugh remembering that one deluded poster than thought SMT Nocturne would outsell SMT4 and sell 300k+

src said:
Even with SW having 1.5 the LTD and SMT4 being exclusive to Nintendo consoles prior, the SMT remaster shows there is a relatively massive audience of SMT on PS. I expect SMT5 to eventually get ported to PS4/5 unless Nintendo have moneyhatted it. Also makes me laugh remembering that one deluded poster than thought SMT Nocturne would outsell SMT4 and sell 300k+

Atlus isnt gonna start porting games like that, maybe in 8 years. A shame really

src said:

Was the 300k+ prediction first week or lifetime? If lifetime then I can still see them passing that between both systems + digital.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

THE NINTENDO CRIME FAMILY IS STEALING THE FAMITSU CHARTS!!!
THE MEDIA'S COVERING IT UP!
THE MEDIA'S COVERING IT UP!
GIVE ME BACK MY FREEDOM FOR THE WORLD, NINTENDO!
THEY'RE STEALING IT!!!!!!!!!!
*Walks out of the thread calmly*

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

src said:

Hope the same for Persona to come to Switch. If there’s popularity on PC and the P5S game released on Switch despite a big disadvantage of not having the OG game (or Royal), then there’s gotta be something on the horizon...unless Atlus/Sega get back into getting in their own way.

Marth said:

PS5 lotteries in Edion (the 3rd largest electronics retailer in Japan) stores start today until the 11th.
They have 800 units of the normal model, and 80 units of the digital model.

Eek, we knew PS5 shipments would be small, but I didn't think they'd be this small. I guess it does make sense to prioritize the West where they have a much stronger market presence, but still.