By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom expects Monster Hunter Rise to sell over 1 million units in Japan

Tagged games:

On their latest financial briefing:

Monster Hunter Rise will be released exclusively for the Nintendo Switch. It is a brand new game that is the successor to Monster Hunter World.

Capcom has shared its sales estimate for Monster Hunter Rise. They expect the game to sell more than 1 million units in Japan. They shared their expectations in an investor’s Q/A regarding their quarterly result.

According to Capcom, they are hoping to sell more than 1 million units of Monster Hunter Rise. It will be released near the end of their fiscal year, however, they are keeping their expectations in check with the target hardware’s sale, which in this case is the Nintendo Switch.

The game will be released on March 26, 2021, along with the Monster Hunter movie that is produced by Screen Gems and directed by Paul W.S Anderson.

One of the questions was regarding the impact of Monster Hunter Rise’s release on Monster Hunter World. Capcom doesn’t anticipate any impact on both games because they target different hardware. Monster Hunter World is available for PC, PS4, and Xbox One and has sold 16 million copies worldwide.

MH Rise is a brand new game in the series that is exclusive to the Nintendo Switch. It will be out on March 26, 2021. In addition to MH Rise, Capcom is also working on Monster Hunter Stories 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

https://gameinfinitus.com/news/capcom-expects-monster-hunter-rise-to-sell-more-than-1-million-units/

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

I mean, of course. Even World accomplished that.

If they mean 1m units from March 26-31 then I could believe that. If they mean lifetime sales...I'd expect it to sell at least 3m in Japan conservatively.

That's a pretty safe bet.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Impressive! With the Switch boost it is bound to do amazing numbers.

Around the Network

This is obviously about this fiscal year. The title should probably be changed to that.

A game company making a reasonable sales target?

That's really strange. Haven't heard that since Nintendo said they needed Breath to sell at least 2 million units.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Marth said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Monster Hunter? Japan? Switch?

He's lowballing, right? I don't keep track on sales that much these days, but Monster Hunter being over 1m in Japan is like... pretty much guaranteed, right? Like, you simply wouldn't bet against it. So why is that their prediction?

Lowballing pretty hard, but that is what every company likes to do nowadays to report "we beat expectations!" afterwards.

Yea I was going to say, underpredicting to get massive sales over their prediction is way better than vice versa. That's probably partially what's going on here. 

Only 1M?

Or does he just mean 1st week?

first day?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.