By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Birthday determines the only game system you can play for the rest of your life

OG Xbox - maybe not my first choice, but I could definitely live with that. First two Halo and Project Gotham games, GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas, Destroy All Humans, Burnout, Dead or Alive 2 and 3, Far Cry Instincts, Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction, Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance, plus various Need for Speed entries. Only real weakness is that my RPG choices are limited to either Fable or a horrible port of Morrowind, but hey, I've played worse.

Around the Network

Series X.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

23 and 28 are the luckiest. I think the new consoles will have the largest libraries in history pretty much off the bat, and it's likely that most games released in the next decade will release on them as well

Add the potential for eventual emulation and I'm pretty damn happy to be born on the 23rd.

N64. I wouldn't like it, honestly the games on the system feel very dated, including the beloved Ocarina of Time.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Too bad the Hyperscan isn’t on there.

Around the Network

Tons of heavy hitters missing, though I get it's good to have some more obscure or reviled platforms (like Virtual Boy).

I'm stuck with Game Boy. That's probably in the bottom five of my choices. Give me any of the Nintendo handhelds instead.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Metallox said:
N64. I wouldn't like it, honestly the games on the system feel very dated, including the beloved Ocarina of Time.

Wanna trade? I got PlayStation 1 if you want.

Ugh I got Turbo Grafx 16, a lifetime of playing Altered Beast.

Signature goes here!

Nooooooooooo! Philips CD-I :(

What am I supposed to play on it? :’(

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

QUAKECore89 said:
Metallox said:

Wanna trade? I got PlayStation 1 if you want.

You got it. I love me the PS1 Final Fantasy games. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.