By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XVI releasing in 2021 (PS5) OPM

I will believe it, when I am actually playing it.

Around the Network

Damn, I didn't know Playstation magazine was still a thing, in my country they are long gone. I'm to blame because I also stopped buying them, but I really miss them.

I believe it when I see it.

I'm half surprised it won't coming around 2023 or so.

Friendly reminder for those unaware, but at the end of the original FFXVI trailer in tiny letters under the huge "Playstation console exclusive" text, was "also available on PC"

Well it's much earlier than I would expect. So I'm pretty happy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
NyanNyanNekoChan said:

Friendly reminder for those unaware, but at the end of the original FFXVI trailer in tiny letters under the huge "Playstation console exclusive" text, was "also available on PC"

Square Enix later removed that mention. It has been clarified that the game will be PlayStation 5 exclusive for the first 6 months, after which it can come out on non console platforms (obviously PC). It will remain a PS5 console exclusive for 12 months, after which it can release on other consoles.

NyanNyanNekoChan said:

Also missing: timed exclusive. 

I just checked the source and it says nothing about 2021. Maybe they changed it.

It says: "It's official: Final Fantasy 16 is coming soon and it's only on PS5."

Let's hope so. I thought I saw 2021 in the title of the reveal trailer, so I already expected this.

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Can't wait to get it as an EGS exclusive in 2022.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.