By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XVI releasing in 2021 (PS5) OPM

I still think FF16 will be early 2022. Would love to be proven wrong. 

Around the Network

No surprise here. Exactly what I was expecting. The game HAS been in development for since 2016.

Jubei said:
I just checked the source and it says nothing about 2021. Maybe they changed it.

It says: "It's official: Final Fantasy 16 is coming soon and it's only on PS5."

Yeah, it just says "coming soon", which means it could come out in 2021, but we can't really say it's confirmed.

I expect delays.
2 at least.

I will believe it when I see it! would be nice though

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Ah, so it'll be out in 2022. Nice to know.

nex said:

I don´t trust SE anymore.

Will wait for the ULTIMATE SUPER DUPER ROYAL DELUXE EDITIOn for 10 bucks.

They've only done that for 15 you know. FF7R didn't even have any patches or updates. 

It actually just had an update today. 

Kowan said:
nex said:

I don´t trust SE anymore.

Will wait for the ULTIMATE SUPER DUPER ROYAL DELUXE EDITIOn for 10 bucks.

They've only done that for 15 you know. FF7R didn't even have any patches or updates. 

That's not quite the same though. There's no expectation of DLC there, from either fans or SE themselves. Any new content for FF7R should be in FF7R part 2 rather than in DLC/a re-release of the existing game.

I think an ultimate edition or some such is pretty much guaranteed when all of the FF7R parts are finished though.

PotentHerbs said:

I still think FF16 will be early 2022. Would love to be proven wrong. 

Even that is earlier than I expected, still start of gen. Perhaps we can get two new numbered FF on a gen (not counting the next FF7 part).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."