By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Japanese analyst: PS5 could sell 200-300m in 5 to 6 years

You gonna dream then dream big!

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
He should be fired when year 1 PS5 sales aren’t to his projections

Xbox guy wasn't fired when his 1 Billion prediction wasn't achieved.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Main reason why Japanese big third party games still ignore the switch despite the gigantic market share.

The executives and analysts live in delulu land.

Last edited by BlackBeauty - on 18 October 2020

I'm pretty sure Pachter is fully meeting his projections... Clickbait projections, his real job here.
(why you don't see normal financial analysis like stock price forecast along with this bait)

Don't know what he's smoking, but I want some, too

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
DonFerrari said:

Xbox guy wasn't fired when his 1 Billion prediction wasn't achieved.

Not only did they not fire him, they promoted him... to Corporate Vice President of the Windows and Devices group...

Somebody needs to ask him at Investor call or board meeting:
"So, your 1 billion Xbox predicition was wrong back then, can Series SX do it this time?"
Ideally right in the middle of the rest of their financial forecasts to emphasize the bullshit factor.
"OH... ERR... 1 Billion talk was just meant for GAMING MEDIA, some kayfabe for the fanboys."

his hyping it up at least,
gotta giv credit to this fanboi

Consoles already struggle to reach the 100m mark, and this guy thinks the PS5 can double the sales of the fucking PS2...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

someone tell him: esports =/= video game industry

and as the op pointed out, the biggest part of it is loyal on PC

it also depends on whether Microsoft makes Bethesda games exclusive, if yes they'll take a good portion of traditional gamers from Sony

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

This guy needs a new job, ASAP. That's utterly and completely beyond ridiculous.