By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Oct 4 to Oct 10 - Lifetime Switch Sales Top 66 Million

Hahahahaha, what I love is that years later we still have the cliff. Truly the best VGC meme.

So anyway, it is within range of beating the 3DS early next year. That hill can only be conquered if supply is optimal level imo, hope they prepared for it.

Around the Network

There's a possiblity that Switch won't fall again under 400k this year. We have Mario Kart Live in week ending October 17, Pikmin 3 in the end of October and then already starts the black friday / holiday boost together with Hyrule Warriors.

Switch keeps growing and growing and oh well.... it is going to set new heights 😎

curl-6 said:

Switch now less than 10 million behind 3DS in total lifetime sales.

Just with the current baseline (around 400k), it will be 5.5 million behind, by the end of the year

OTBWY said:
Hahahahaha, what I love is that years later we still have the cliff. Truly the best VGC meme.

The thing every forgets to mention is that the Nintendo Switch Cliff is really one of those BOTW Cliffs with a continuous updraft that will carry the Switch higher than the whole mountain.

So really, the Switch fell off the Cliff after the first year, and as a consequence, the hardware sales keep going up.

I feel like there should be a Gif to illustrate this Switch Cliff Sales Updraft, but I haven't seen it myself.

Around the Network
trent44 said:
OTBWY said:

The thing every forgets to mention is that the Nintendo Switch Cliff is really one of those BOTW Cliffs with a continuous updraft that will carry the Switch higher than the whole mountain.

So really, the Switch fell off the Cliff after the first year, and as a consequence, the hardware sales keep going up.

I feel like there should be a Gif to illustrate this Switch Cliff Sales Updraft, but I haven't seen it myself.

That's the essence of Cliffian economics. What goes up, must come down in a straight line for no reason.

trent44 said:
OTBWY said:

trent44 said:
OTBWY said:

Nah, they were at the bottom of the cliff, they just decided that they have enough stamina to climb it, while hoping it won’t rain 😂

PS4 Pro and Xbox One X

Lack of graphics power

Lack of AAA third party support

Used all its big games in 2017

Definitely used all its big games in 2018

Okay definitely no more big games after 2019

PS5/Xbox Series will kill the Switch.

The Cliff will come, you'll all see!

Last edited by curl-6 - on 16 October 2020

curl-6 said:

PS4 Pro and Xbox Series X

Xbox One X.

Switch is doing really amazing. Over 400k again and less than 10 Million behind the 3DS. it won't take much longer for Switch to outsell it.