By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Oct 4 to Oct 10 - Lifetime Switch Sales Top 66 Million

The crazy thing is that with these non-holiday season averages, the Switch is trending to 22.5M units, already one of the highest sales years in video game history (particularly outside the Wii/DS peak from 07 to 10). With the Holiday season boost, it's going to be substantially larger.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Switch is about 10m behind the 3DS' lifetime total. This means that it's going to pass the 3DS before the end of the year.

I can't believe the Switch already sold over 17 million before the holiday season. Can't wait to see the official figures in 3 weeks (November 5th) for the shipments until Sep 30th, it could potentially reach 66-67 million and thus with Q3 being at 10+ million, we can end the whole 2020 fiscal year with +80 million (best case scenario).

Unless supply can't keep up, 3DS will be in the rearview mirror by the end of the year, which is pretty mental when you consider it took 3DS over 9 years to reach that total and Switch is going to surpass it in less than 4.