Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Oct 4 to Oct 10 - Lifetime Switch Sales Top 66 Million

curl-6 said:

PS4 Pro and Xbox Series X

Xbox One X.

Switch is doing really amazing. Over 400k again and less than 10 Million behind the 3DS. it won't take much longer for Switch to outsell it.

Around the Network

Share the article here.

Switch vs PS4 vs Xbox One Sales Comparison Charts Through October 10

Year to Date Sales Comparison (Same Periods Covered)

Market Share (Same Periods Covered)

2017 – (Week ending January 7 to October 14)

2018 – (Week ending January 6 to October 13)

2019 – (Week ending January 5 to October 12)

2020 – (Week ending January 4 to October 10)

Total Sales and Market Share for Each Year

"Year to date" sales for 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 sales are shown in series at the top of the table and then just below a comparison of 2020 versus 2019 and 2020 versus 2018 is displayed.  This provides an easy-to-view summary of all the data.

Microsoft

• Xbox One – Down Year-on-Year 6,319 (-0.3%)

Nintendo

• Nintendo Switch - Up Year-on-Year 7,462,648 (75.8%)
  • Nintendo 3DS – Down Year-on-Year 770,902 (-67.9%)

Sony

• PlayStation 4 – Down Year-on-Year 1,390,659 (-15.3%)

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

The crazy thing is that with these non-holiday season averages, the Switch is trending to 22.5M units, already one of the highest sales years in video game history (particularly outside the Wii/DS peak from 07 to 10). With the Holiday season boost, it's going to be substantially larger.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Switch is about 10m behind the 3DS' lifetime total. This means that it's going to pass the 3DS before the end of the year.

I can't believe the Switch already sold over 17 million before the holiday season. Can't wait to see the official figures in 3 weeks (November 5th) for the shipments until Sep 30th, it could potentially reach 66-67 million and thus with Q3 being at 10+ million, we can end the whole 2020 fiscal year with +80 million (best case scenario).

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network

Unless supply can't keep up, 3DS will be in the rearview mirror by the end of the year, which is pretty mental when you consider it took 3DS over 9 years to reach that total and Switch is going to surpass it in less than 4.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.