By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Oct 4 to Oct 10 - Lifetime Switch Sales Top 66 Million

Switch is up to 50% from last year despite Switch Lite bost

And folks are still saying the huge surge in sales this year is only due to Covid smh

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

And folks are still saying the huge surge in sales this year is only due to Covid smh

Nah. What I've seen is some users arguing that the boost is partly due to people being at home in lockdown. Switch is selling like crazy. It's earned its sales. I'm confused as to why one reason for the boost should be worse than another.

Replicant said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Nah. What I've seen is some users arguing that the boost is partly due to people being at home in lockdown. Switch is selling like crazy. It's earned its sales. I'm confused as to why one reason for the boost should be worse than another.

I think everybody can agree Covid was of utterly importance for Switch boost, but now it's mid-october and business are back to normality in big markets (USA, Japan, Europe, Australia) for quite someone now and yet Switch YOY growth still here 

IcaroRibeiro said:
Replicant said:

I think everybody can agree Covid was of utterly importance for Switch boost, but now it's mid-october and business are back to normality in big markets (USA, Japan, Europe, Australia) for quite someone now and yet Switch YOY growth still here 

I don't know about those other regions, but as someone living in the USA, business is not at all back to normality!  The company I work for is still 100% virtual, as are many others. Most forms of entertainment (movie theaters, concert halls/stadiums, bars/restaurants, amusement parks, etc) are still closed, or have very limited capacity, and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future.  The covid boost will continue to make video games a high demand industry until all of these other things are open like before, and probably after that as well, now that many more people have been exposed to it than before.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Looks like 400k+ is the new normal for Switch on a slow week.

I also think we are past the point where COVID is really having much of an impact on hardware sales.  There is no doubt that it did during Spring and maybe early Summer.  But at this point most of the world has opened back up.  The US is behind the rest of the world when it comes to COVID, but the US/NA region is not even the region giving Switch the biggest % boost YoY.  The sales boost in NA is more or less like it is everywhere else.  We aren't seeing a sales boost due to COVID anymore.  Instead people really want Switches this badly.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 15 October 2020

Around the Network

Looks like a bit over 400k is the new baseline, absolutely insane.

For most systems, that'd be a great number to hit even with a megaton new release or a hardware revision.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Yahh, that COVID-boost assumption for console sales is truly ridiculous and beyond logic. Why can't XBox and Playstation get the same stratospheric sales as Switch in time of pandemic?

Switch now less than 10 million behind 3DS in total lifetime sales.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 15 October 2020

curl-6 said:

Switch now less than 10 million behind 3DS in total lifetime sales.

The cliff is coming!! Now, more than ever!

Complete domination for the Switch

Pocky Lover Boy!