By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Best version of King Kong

Which do you like best?

1933 10 37.04%

1976 4 14.81%

2005 13 48.15%

Total:27

Of the three main movie versions of Kong, which do you like best, and why?

Around the Network

This one

Oh wait you said movie ... my bad

I know it's not a direct remake but Kong Skull Island. 33 has aged badly. 76 has aged badly. 2005 was boring for 75% of the film.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
I know it's not a direct remake but Kong Skull Island. 33 has aged badly. 76 has aged badly. 2005 was boring for 75% of the film.

I wanted to include Skull Island as I really liked it, but it felt like cheating as its not really a version of the core story but more of a spinoff.

The original version is the best even though it is racist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

The original version, out of sheer ingenuity for the time.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I liked 2005 version. Overly sad though. I hurt at the ending. The new one with Sam Jackson is very good.

I've actually only ever seen the original and I was a kid when I saw that one.

Oh, Peter Jackson's King Kong for sure. Superb writing, awesome cast. The acting is good, I love 05 King Kong. One of my favorite Peter Jackson films. I went to theaters to see Kong Skull Island, I actually fell asleep watching some of it, I personally didn't like it.

NightlyPoe said:
I remain baffled that Peter Jackson was given a blank check to make any movie he wanted after LotR, and he went out and re-made King Kong of all things.

I mean, why? You can convince a studio head to reboot an old IP any day of the week. It's the type of zero-effort idea that Hollywood runs on. Why not go out swinging?

Maybe a childhood fave film and maybe it was a dream of his like it was for Raimi to make Spider-Man.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!