By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Report- Level-5 has shutdown their North American division, one source reports that they will no longer release games in the west

There goes Yokai Watch 4 localization. Fuck. In other future news, Microsoft purchases Level-5 to get their Japanese studio.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Article states that they've been running on a skeleton crew since last year, so this is something that's been going on for a while. Shame to hear that we may not see localizations of any of their games anymore.

Seriously, Level-5 has some of the worst management in the industry so this comes as no surprise.

This is ridiculous! What has flown into the heads of Level 5? Can’t believe these people are the creators of DQ8, Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy. This is depressing 😠

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Seems like mismanagement

Around the Network

Goodbye Inazuma Eleven, Professor Layton, Yokai Watch, Ni No Kuni.....

Thats pretty bad news imo (Ni No Kuni & Yokai Watch were pretty darn good, even those Professor Layton games weren't bad).

Stellar_Fungk said:
This is ridiculous! What has flown into the heads of Level 5? Can’t believe these people are the creators of DQ8, Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy. This is depressing 😠

They have the talent to make great games.
It has to be a management/marketing issue, if the quality of their work is fine (which imo it is).

Makes you wonder why they didnt do another Dark Cloud or Rogue Galaxy, when hardcore fans have been begging for new titles since forever.

Some may not realize it. Level-5 was more than games. They wanted to be a Toy Company and multimedia company and they were kinda struggling with it for a while. So yeah as someone said. Mismanagement. The same Level-5 that decided to merge with Comcept then do nothing after. Same Comcept is known for it's piss poor business decisions aroung Mighty No 9 and Red Ash.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I guess they"ll be looking for publishers for western releases

How can their financials be this bad with the success of Yokai?