By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Report- Level-5 has shutdown their North American division, one source reports that they will no longer release games in the west

Level 5 cut their ties with Nintendo to purchase the mobile market since they thought the Switch would fail, this loss is inevitable

Around the Network

Level 5 went from over 16M physical sales in Japan alone on the 3DS and together with Capcom the two top-selling 3rd Parties on the system to barely 700K across the Switch/PlayStation 4. Unlike Capcom, they didn't have Western hitс to fall back on and all their mobile/anime/AAA investments ended up bombing. 

This is sad to hear. Dark Cloud happened to be my first PS2 game before I even had the system lol.

I hoped Sony would purchase them eventually but at this point it seems unlikely.

Well, as a Xbox gamer this doesn’t affect me. But at least the playing field is levelled a bit if the competition can’t get their games either.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.