Saturn 4 4.04%

Dreamcast 17 17.17%

Xbox 2 2.02%

Xbox 360 46 46.46%

Xbox One 1 1.01%

Turbografx-16 0 0%

Other 2 2.02%

Total:99

From my experiences, it's the MegaDrive/Genesis.

But the correct answer is probably the Xbox 360.

Around the Network

In it's day, the Atari 2600 was a revolutionary system.  It caused Atari to become the fastest growing company in US history up to that point.  The problem is that it's games have not aged well at all.  I love retro gaming, but not on an Atari 2600.

I voted Genesis.  Those games are still really fun.

curl-6 said:
VAMatt said:

sales2099 said:

360 easily, too many gems. All though it’s traditional output slowed after Kinect was a thing, it’s 2005-2010 lineup alone is worthy of being the best console outside Sony/Nintendo

I hear this a lot and I must say I disagree.

I thought 360 had a tons of great "traditional" games from 2011 onwards; Gears of War 3, Witcher 2, Halo 4, Bioshock Infinite, Wolfenstein The New Order, Dishonoured, Batman Arkham City, Metro Last Light...

As a 360 owner I never felt short on stuff to play in 2011-2013.

Was playing to the crowds here. Played it safe but you right, I should have the confidence to say the whole gen was great, Kinect games aside. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Xbox 360. It turned me into an Xbox fanboy and the brand has become my console of choice.

I say XBox 360, but I'm sad Mattel Intellivision is not in the Poll. It was a great console with great games, but nobody remember about it.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

Never owned it but the xbox 360 really stands out imo for a brand fairly new in the consolemarket at that time.

Xbox 360 is my pick for the best console ever so I'm going with that.

It had the best games.

360 no question.

Megadrive/Genesis wins this one hands down. Why?

1. It had a very long, and very active lifecycle for a 16-bit console. Games were published for it at a steady rate from 1988 to 1996. Most 8 and 16 bit consoles only lasted 4-5 years before good games stopped being published on them at a steady rate. Genesis' 8 year lifespan would be like a modern console lasting 10-11 years with at least 2-3 excellent games being published on it every single year.

2. As a 16-bit machine the graphics are timeless. Don't believe me? Buy a Mega SG from Analogue, turn on hybrid scanlines, and upscale it to 1080p. You'll be surprised by how good those games look even now. https://www.analogue.co/mega-sg

3. The Genesis library is an absolute GOLD MINE for hidden gems. Tons of games that were only released in Japan are finally getting english patches. Lots of people on do Repros for Genesis games too. Some on etsy are are cheap at $15.

RacketboySegaHiddenGems

Top100GenesisGames

4. Sega CD was considered a blunder back in the day, but adds about 10 amazing games to the Sega Genesis library, and is worth picking up IMO. Just burn your own CDs or buy some Sega CD repro disks. Sega CD is one of the few ways to play gems like Snatcher, Dark Wizard, or Sonic CD on original hardware.

5. There's about 80 to 100 games on the system that I would recommend in 2020. Best of all, nearly all of them were exclusive to the system during it's heyday. Imagine a modern game system getting that many excellent exclusives!

6. Games are still being made for it! Xenocrisis, Peir Solar, and Tanglewood are notable examples. Is anybody making 360 games in 2020? Do people think 360 games will be made in 2035 when it turns 30 years old?

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 11 October 2020

Cerebralbore101 said:

6. Games are still being made for it! Xenocrisis, Peir Solar, and Tanglewood are notable examples. Is anybody making 360 games in 2020? Do people think 360 games will be made in 2035 when it turns 30 years old?

Are we pretending that it isn’t easier to make games as a indie studio for the Genesis rather than a 360? Why would anyone release a game for 360 (or PS3) these days when they can just hit the current platforms? They don’t have a retro novelty factor like Dreamcast or Genesis. A little bizarre to use this against the 360