Saturn 4 4.04%

Dreamcast 17 17.17%

Xbox 2 2.02%

Xbox 360 46 46.46%

Xbox One 1 1.01%

Turbografx-16 0 0%

Other 2 2.02%

Total:99

Probably 360. That generation was just good overall in terms of games. Devs really came to grips with the potential of 3D gaming and hadn't yet fell into a rut of doing the same things repeatedly. Had really good online interface and library that took Sony a while to catch up to.

Sega Dreamcast would probably be my #2. Great machine, especially if you love fighting games. Surprisingly good library for how short it lasted on the market. Why the fuck can I still not play Power Stone online?

Around the Network

Apple Bandai Pippin

I think its a no contest of course XboX 360 is going to win,
take that thing out then its an even playing field!

I want to say the Xbox 360 but it was faulty from the get go. RROD almost occurred in all early units and RMAing was a nightmare.

My default then goes to the Dreamcast. A beautifully designed console way ahead of its time, sadly only lasted a few years.

I was thinking of the Xbox 360, Dreamcast and Genesis/Mega Drive when I entered the thread and yup, those three are leading the poll.

Around the Network

Og XBOX because it offered many different AND better experiences than the competition in that gen. IMO.

Best graphics
Best loading
Biggest environments
Unique original experiences that were all exclusive.
(Ie halo, blood wake, crimson skies, odd world, wreckless, DOA3, Brute Force, Elder Scrolls Morrowind, Mechassault, Steel battalion, play your own music in GTA)

It didn’t have all the hits. But it was a grand machine all on its own.

LivncA_Dis3 said:
I think its a no contest of course Xbox 360 is going to win,
take that thing out then its an even playing field!

Genesis is selling games this year and still getting games made and released for it. Dreamcast is still getting games. Pixelheart is releasing a 3D racing game on it this year. 360...nada. Plus a lot of what 360 was owes itself to Dreamcast.

Last edited by Leynos - on 10 October 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I loved my master system. My second console, right after my atari.

360 by a mile

Neo Geo. Only drawback was it's pricetag, both for the console and the cartridges (which cost $120+ each 30 years ago). But that was the price to pay if you wanted truly arcade-perfect games. And it had a really long life, with Metal Slug reviving the console in a similar way Pokemon did to the Gameboy.
Master System is a close second. Great games and great tech.
The PC Engine/Turbografx 16 gets the third spot. The best 8-bit console from a technical standpoint, but the games are not diverse enough to make it higher in this chart.