By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official VG Chartz Smash Tournament Sign Up (1 slots Left! Win Fabulous Prizes!)

Tagged games:

I haven't played the game since early 2019 but all the Minecraft fuss made me want to go back at it.
I'm not very good at the game but i'd like to enter the tournament.
Favorite rules are 3 stocks, no item, FD and possibly no character from DLC since i have none and haven't played a lot against dlc characters.
I'll edit my post with my Friend code and Username

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Supermario28 said:

I haven't played the game since early 2019 but all the Minecraft fuss made me want to go back at it.
I'm not very good at the game but i'd like to enter the tournament.
Favorite rules are 3 stocks, no item, FD and possibly no character from DLC since i have none and haven't played a lot against dlc characters.
I'll edit my post with my Friend code and Username

It's weird how you're excited about the Minecraft stuff, but then ask that no DLC characters are allowed.

I don't think anyone's gonna agree to that rule, but I suppose you could ask people not to play DLC characters against you specifically? It's easy for me to say since I don't regularly use any of them, though.

I could see an argument against Steve in particular because he's so new, but I don't think a lot of people will be against DLC in general. But of course, people can suggest whatever they like. 

I haven't played in a while, but last I played it was mainly to use Minmin. I also like Banjo a lot. But neither are my best.

JWeinCom said:
SanAndreasX said:
I'm game.

Friend code 1368-5461-1518 (Super King)

Cool. If you have feelings about rules, let them be known.

I don't really have any strong opinions on rules. I'm flexible.

I can't tell you how many times I've tried to start threads to get this community doing something together and they have all failed spectacularly. I wish you the best in this endeavor!

That being said, I really get annoyed by the lag in Smash online. I am so much better offline and it annoys me when doing online lol. Has the lag improved any since launch?

@JWeinCom

My FC in case you didn’t see it.

SW 0731-6937-5596

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
I can't tell you how many times I've tried to start threads to get this community doing something together and they have all failed spectacularly. I wish you the best in this endeavor!

That being said, I really get annoyed by the lag in Smash online. I am so much better offline and it annoys me when doing online lol. Has the lag improved any since launch?

I just recently upgraded to a wired connection so I should be pretty reliable. 

Personally I just want people to play with. I absolutely love smash but I'm pretty reclusive, my wifi is not the best, and all my local friends are *Gasp* too busy with real life to care much about gaming anymore. I can see a tournament failing, but just a general smash get-together? that's more fun.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Dulfite said:

Yeah. I've tried a couple of things but never specific to one game... Hopefully that'll work better.

Maybe being a mod will help. So, if you have an idea, you can reach out to the mod team, and see if one of them will endorse it, or post it on your behalf/sticky it/w/e might help. 

As for online, it is what it is. It's definitely better than it was at launch, but it's still sketchy. 

Runa216 said:
Dulfite said:

I just recently upgraded to a wired connection so I should be pretty reliable. 

Personally I just want people to play with. I absolutely love smash but I'm pretty reclusive, my wifi is not the best, and all my local friends are *Gasp* too busy with real life to care much about gaming anymore. I can see a tournament failing, but just a general smash get-together? that's more fun.

I think the problem with a general get together is that it requires a specific time and place. But if you want to start one of those, feel free. Also, my friend code is there, so if you want to play a few rounds let me know. 

We got 5. 3 more will make a decent tournament. Bragging rights is at stake here. Epenis guaranteed to grow at least 1 inch.

JWeinCom said:
mZuzek said:

It's weird how you're excited about the Minecraft stuff, but then ask that no DLC characters are allowed.

I don't think anyone's gonna agree to that rule, but I suppose you could ask people not to play DLC characters against you specifically? It's easy for me to say since I don't regularly use any of them, though.

I could see an argument against Steve in particular because he's so new, but I don't think a lot of people will be against DLC in general. But of course, people can suggest whatever they like. 

I haven't played in a while, but last I played it was mainly to use Minmin. I also like Banjo a lot. But neither are my best.

The Minecraft stuff just made me want to go back to the game since it's been a long time i haven't played it!

For the DLC Character, it's just i'd rather not play against them since i don't really know their moveset (and god, I hate playing against the Hero).

But I won't mind if my opponent wants to use a DLC character.

Anyway, here is my Friend Code: SW-4262-2718-3900 | Username: Lucky

JWeinCom said:
We got 5. 3 more will make a decent tournament. Bragging rights is at stake here. Epenis guaranteed to grow at least 1 inch.

I played some online last night and got infuriated with players online. Any time it was a stock battle, the two other players would stay at opposite ends of the screen, I'd have to chase them down to make them engage, they'd gang up on me and fight me till I died and lost all my stock, then would basically run out the timer waiting for the other one to attack. I gave them 30 seconds. If they didn't engage and fight with honour, I'd just disconnect, ending their fight. 

Fuck them. Play the goddamn game, you cowards. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android