By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official VG Chartz Smash Tournament Sign Up (1 slots Left! Win Fabulous Prizes!)

Tagged games:

mZuzek said:
At 7 people, we should probably be doing round robin, but hey, it's up to you.

That was my initial thought. But, my concern with round robin is that if people begin losing early on, they might lose interest quickly and begin dropping out. I feel that the likely result is that by the last couple of rounds, most victories will simply be by forfeit.

Around the Network

I am ready.

RobDX said:
I am ready.

Lol. Glad to hear, but unless someone joins at the last moment, you actually drew a first round bye.

Lol ok

Shame it is a Smash tournament, if only Nintendo would have released a new Mario Kart, then we would have done tournaments like the old times.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
TomaTito said:

Shame it is a Smash tournament, if only Nintendo would have released a new Mario Kart, then we would have done tournaments like the old times.

We can do other tournaments in the future.

JWeinCom said:
TomaTito said:

I know. What I meant to say that MK8D was so dull and done, that it didn't spark anyone to make tournaments.
(EDIT: I also don't own MK8D...)

Still, good that you are undertaking this task!

For the next game, I'd suggest you consider Rocket League, as a multiplatform game it should spark interest for all forum members and since it is free now there would be more people capable to join.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 12 October 2020

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

mZuzek said:
TomaTito said:

Smash Ultimate isn't exactly a brand new release by now. The only reason there's a Smash tournament and not a Mario Kart one is because someone decided to host a Smash one and no one decided to host a Mario Kart one. But anyone could do that.

Didn't mean to piss on your parade. If it came off like that, soz.

Enjoy the Smash Tourney and good luck to all the participants!

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
JWeinCom said:

I know. What I meant to say that MK8D was so dull and done, that it didn't spark anyone to make tournaments.
(EDIT: I also don't own MK8D...)

Still, good that you are undertaking this task!

For the next game, I'd suggest you consider Rocket League, as a multiplatform game it should spark interest for all forum members and since it is free now there would be more people capable to join.

I've only played it a couple of times, so I wouldn't really know enough to make a ruleset or anything like that.

If another user wants to take point and thinks it would help to have a mod actually post the topics/manage it, I'd be happy to help.