By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered announced

Buying the remaster of the remake?

Yes! 2 18.18%

Nope. 8 72.73%

EA, why not OG HP? 1 9.09%

Total:11
Darwinianevolution said:
Wow, an EA game on the Switch that's not FIFA or an adopted indie? What's the catch?

There's no catch. EA simply accepted that Switch is here to stay. They already released Burnout Paradise in June and you can expect more ports of old games to follow after Hot Pursuit.

It's not like EA will ever support Switch in a high-profile way, but the times of EA clinging to the hope that Switch will ultimately still fail are a thing of the past.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
probably because they have to barely do anthing, i would have liked underground better

UG and all its ilk was when NFS collapsed and marked the beginning of the end for EA. The original from 1 to HP2 and PU were the best. I am still waiting on HS HD and PU HD though. 

TomaTito said:
Signalstar said:
This is why I hate when they reuse game names. Is this a remaster of the original NFS Hot Pursuit or the HD game that came out a few years ago? So confusing.

It's the remaster of the remake.

Urgh... 

I dont see the point in a remastered racing game that isnt some beloved classic from the saga/64 era or something.

Darwinianevolution said:
Wow, an EA game on the Switch that's not FIFA or an adopted indie? What's the catch?

The catch is that it is not being released the same day as other platforms, because reasons. 

Mandalore76 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

The catch is that it is not being released the same day as other platforms, because reasons. 

They need optimization you know.

Or not: https://www.resetera.com/threads/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-remastered-is-apparently-playable-on-mexican-eshop.300854/

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Mandalore76 said:

They need optimization you know.

Or not: https://www.resetera.com/threads/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-remastered-is-apparently-playable-on-mexican-eshop.300854/

Lol, I was just going to post this in response.  I watched RGT85's video on it this morning.  Yep, game is finished, but still being held back from releasing alongside other platforms anyway.  

Darwinianevolution said:

Well, the game is ready but held back on purpose to release it a week later than other platforms because... err... uhm... reasons.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]

JWeinCom said:
They actually did a really great job on the Wii U port of most wanted which was sadly sent out to die. Hopefully they do the same quality of work here, and actually promote it.

I was one of the few that actually bought a copy for the Wii U, it had great graphics but the lack of story, challenge, customization, and no semblance of the original game made it a forgettable experience.

TheLegendaryWolf said:
JWeinCom said:
They actually did a really great job on the Wii U port of most wanted which was sadly sent out to die. Hopefully they do the same quality of work here, and actually promote it.

I was one of the few that actually bought a copy for the Wii U, it had great graphics but the lack of story, challenge, customization, and no semblance of the original game made it a forgettable experience.

I totally agree with you.  I remember getting crucified on Miiverse for referring to it as a "soul-less experience" compared to the original.