By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Post Your Mind 2.0 and Welcome to our humble abode

Gonna be on an online panel today for work, and I'm nervous as hell, I always worry I'll come off like I don't know what I'm talking about. Ah well, I do worry too much, these things always seem to just work out fine.

My little brother has moved back in with me and just now I had to beg him to go away and give me half an hour of peace, his constant talking at me and playing loud games with annoying techno music and shitty VA plus me stressing out about work and being bombarded by emails had me on the verge of a meltdown, I'm so used to having all the peace and quiet and space to myself after living alone for the last 7 months.

Still, I was getting very lonely so it's also nice to have the company, at least when he's not driving me up the wall haha.

Around the Network

Endless busy weeks. Even had a 6 day workweek and only one day as compensation so no 2 day weekend. Had an important day today and Friday is yet another, barely scraped by today. Trying to get my friends out of the big city away from Coronavirus rather than me visiting them.

I just started watching Rick and Morty for the first time a couple of days ago.  These shows are hilarious, and I will have plowed through them all in not too much time.  (I am already on the 3rd season.)  I am kind of glad I didn't discover this sooner, because I also found out that these shows get released at a snail's pace.

Also going nuts waiting for new content to come to Disney+.

Yeah it's a great show. The fanbase is horrible apparently, but thankfully I can just ignore them and enjoy the thing itself.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Oh shit, I'm sorry to hear man. Please look after yourself.

Yeah, I'll try.

I actually did go to a doctor a few weeks ago, she gave me some medicine, but I haven't gotten better since then. Think whatever she gave me might help with some related issues but the root of the problem lies elsewhere. I need to do some tests and stuff, but I mean, going to an actual cardiologist at this point in time is very much not a good idea.

I do feel like a lot of this is because I'm just a lazy ass who sits on a computer all day everyday. I mean, obviously that's not good. But I don't wanna start going to the gym when I don't know if my heart is working correctly to begin with, so basically this pandemic is closing everything off right now. I think I'll manage, though.

I have really enjoyed Ring-Fit.  Seriously, it's fun and only as strenuous as you make it.  Can be played in a very small area and you have a lot of flexibility as far as the exercises you want to work on.  Anyway, sorry to hear this and I hope you get better.

Around the Network

I hope I can stay for more than 6 months in the job I just got.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

With so much of my time spent at home this year, and so much more stress than usual, VGChartz has become even more of a refuge for me this year than it normally is, it's just really nice to have a place to go and talk about one of my passions that's always there no matter how crazy the world gets.

I hope this is true for many of you as well, that this is a place to come to recharge and get away from it all for a bit.

My morning ritual, when I have mornings free, is to make an irresponsibly strong coffee and binge all the new replies and threads that have been posted overnight (apparently that's when all the activity happens, while I sleep haha) and it's my favourite part of the day.

I just started an intermittent fasting routine, currently at 19 hours of fasting and 5 for eating. It's not as hard as I thought.

After my 6 day work week, my immune system got compromised and I got a cold. Oh well, get to get rid of it early.

Glad the new consoles are out soon, I hope many game announcements will happen too.

I think a thread where people can say whatever they have in mind is a pretty cool thing.

Also,

Metallox said:
I hope I can stay for more than 6 months in the job I just got.

I hope I can get one.

I'm mostly a lurker now.