By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Post Your Mind 2.0 and Welcome to our humble abode

Jpcc86 said:
I''d be undergoing a herniated disc surgery in 9 days which annoys the living crap out of me cause I wont be able to play football (soccer) anymore - among other physical activities I wont be able to do anymore. And tomorrow, a hurricane hits my state. So I guess you could say im having a blast.

Damn, having recently undergone major surgery I know that feeling. I'll be thinking of ya man, hang in there.

Thechalkblock said:
i can’t continue to let drinking excessive alcohol control my actions. it’s time for a change. before it’s too late for me. i need to be more loyal to myself and those i’m close to.

I used to drink really excessively too, in my early to mid 20s. I found that the best way to replace an unhealthy habit is to replace it with something else. Whether that be exercise, meditation, a hobby etc.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Jpcc86 said:
I''d be undergoing a herniated disc surgery in 9 days which annoys the living crap out of me cause I wont be able to play football (soccer) anymore - among other physical activities I wont be able to do anymore. And tomorrow, a hurricane hits my state. So I guess you could say im having a blast.

Damn, having recently undergone major surgery I know that feeling. I'll be thinking of ya man, hang in there.

Thanks, I appreciate that a lot. 

My wife is actually mad at me for having sexy figurines in my man cave. What the fuck?

Ryuu96 said:

@NobleTeam360 username says it all, you fanboy.

:feelsgoodman: big facts

Man, teaching online is so much harder than teaching in a classroom.

As well as having to operate the games/polls/chat/etc in zoom as well as actually going through the lesson plan, its so much harder to hold kids' attention when you know half of them are playing Minecraft in a another tab haha

Around the Network

Nobody loves a lover
They won’t see you suffer
Won’t give them the satisfaction
We’re gonna make it happen

People will try to blind us
Sever our ties then bind us
Gotta leave em far behind us
Somewhere they can’t find us

We gotta keep on runnin
We gotta stay one step ahead
We gotta keep on runnin
We gotta move and not look back

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

While it hasn't been easy, I feel like this year has made me a better person, by pushing me outside my comfort zone, forcing me to face some of my darkest fears, and in doing so building up my resilience and leading me to discover I'm more capable than I thought I was.

Even games wise I feel like I've broadened my tastes by trying some stuff I'd normally never play, and while some weren't something I'd ever try again, others I quite enjoyed.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:
While it hasn't been easy, I feel like this year has made me a better person, by pushing me outside my comfort zone, forcing me to face some of my darkest fears, and in doing so building up my resilience and leading me to discover I'm more capable than I thought I was.

Even games wise I feel like I've broadened my tastes by trying some stuff I'd normally never play, and while some weren't something I'd ever try again, others I quite enjoyed.

Can't say the same for myself, but I'm happy for you.

Thanks man. :) Don't be too harsh on yourself, I think 2020 has tested us all and just the fact we're still here speaks to our resilience.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Thanks man. :) Don't be too harsh on yourself, I think 2020 has tested us all and just the fact we're still here speaks to our resilience.

I almost feel like I won't be here much longer, though...

Erm. I have had some health issues for the past couple years now, most notably a really hard time breathing, and this year I planned to spend whatever money was necessary to go to doctors, figure out what the hell is going on, and work towards fixing it. But then the pandemic started and I kinda decided to not go anywhere health-related until the thing was over. So, at least I have an excuse?

Oh shit, I'm sorry to hear man. Please look after yourself.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Oh shit, I'm sorry to hear man. Please look after yourself.

Yeah, I'll try.

I actually did go to a doctor a few weeks ago, she gave me some medicine, but I haven't gotten better since then. Think whatever she gave me might help with some related issues but the root of the problem lies elsewhere. I need to do some tests and stuff, but I mean, going to an actual cardiologist at this point in time is very much not a good idea.

I do feel like a lot of this is because I'm just a lazy ass who sits on a computer all day everyday. I mean, obviously that's not good. But I don't wanna start going to the gym when I don't know if my heart is working correctly to begin with, so basically this pandemic is closing everything off right now. I think I'll manage, though.

Well, I wish you all the very best man. Hang in there.