By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Post Your Mind 2.0 and Welcome to our humble abode

I think we have something to say and something not to say. This is a thread where you can say what you wanna say or say nothing at all, just observe. To speak is silver, to be silent is gold. If you wanna say something, say it, don’t think about how we may reaction to it. And when you have written what you wanted to say, observe it, whatever you may feel, let yourself feel that. The sky is your’s.

I think that I am wise, but that doesn’t mean I know much.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network

I want to fap

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I'm currently watching the 1980's mini series version of Pride and Prejudice with my wife. I intend on watching every version and ranking the Pride and Prejudice multiverse.

I just ate some great bibimbap for dinner and some candy corn for desert. I think I'm gonna go take a shit after I do the dishes.

Heading to work... Maybe I will take Friday off yay!

Around the Network
axumblade said:
My birthday is coming up! Just have to make it a few more days xD

Do you have reason to believe that you're at an elevated risk of death between now and your b-day?

axumblade said:
VAMatt said:

Do you have reason to believe that you're at an elevated risk of death between now and your b-day?

It's 2020. I know that's been a big joke but this year has been a bit rough on me. 

You could hedge a little.... I'll bet you $100 that you live until your next birthday.  

I will be mentoring two online classes for autistic teens this coming term instead of my usual one, it's gonna be a challenge but I'm also really excited to be moving up at work and taking on more responsibility.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 October 2020

curl-6 said:

I will be mentoring two online classes for autistic teens this coming term instead of my usual one, it's gonna be a challenge but I'm also really excited to be moving up at work.

Can you explain what "mentoring two...classes of autistic teens" means?  I've always understood mentorship to be a 1:1 thing.  

VAMatt said:
curl-6 said:

I will be mentoring two online classes for autistic teens this coming term instead of my usual one, it's gonna be a challenge but I'm also really excited to be moving up at work.

Can you explain what "mentoring two...classes of autistic teens" means?  I've always understood mentorship to be a 1:1 thing.  

Mentoring is often done 1:1 but in this particular program we run it in a small class of 5-10 students. While many of them also have 1:1 mentoring separately, these are the ones who are also able to function in a group setting; most of them are in mainstream schools.