By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Tests Positive for Coronavirus

Hiku said:

Well, that doesn't look like "best health in 20 years" and more like Oxygen Not Included

Around the Network

You don't kid about that, kids are dumb. Just not too long ago they were doing TidePod challenge!

Plus there are plenty of dumb people who don't even wear a simple piece of fabric on your face to protect yourself and others. People are stupid...especially in US it seems. Ya just don't tell people to drink household cleaners.

Pemalite said:
RolStoppable said:
Apparently freedom of speech isn't a thing in the USA anymore when corporations censor the president.

Freedom of speech has never entitled an individual to say whatever they desire, whenever they desire, without restriction, I think that's a false ideal many people who espouse "free country" tend to cling to.

There is in-fact a ton of restrictions on free-speech and there are other laws/legislation which take legal priority over that freedom such as libel.

Not to mention, the Constitution says "Congress shall make no law", not "Facebook shall make no rules governing how its guests may use its privately owned servers."

That’s what he gets for risky behaviour like unprotected anal sex and sharing needles with other junkies.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

CaptainExplosion said:
Now Stephen Miller (Trump's top advisor who was outed as having ties to white supremacy) has tested positive for Coronavirus.

Trump will not get my sympathies, and Miller is even less deserving of my sympathies.

I'm surprised Miller didn't get it already. His wife got it a couple of months ago and was seen as a potential canary in the coal mine for the administration getting COVID-19. 

The chickens are coming home to roost all over Pennsylvania Avenue. This is "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" writ large.

Around the Network

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/07/health/nejm-editorial-political-leadership-bn/index.html

New England Journal of Medicine has endorsed Biden based on Trump's handling of the Coronavirus. But what do they know.

JWeinCom said:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/07/health/nejm-editorial-political-leadership-bn/index.html

New England Journal of Medicine has endorsed Biden based on Trump's handling of the Coronavirus. But what do they know.

To slightly correct my earlier statement, they did not in fact endorse Biden. What they said was...

“When it comes to the response to the largest public health crisis of our time, our current political leaders have demonstrated that they are dangerously incompetent,” the editors wrote. “We should not abet them and enable the deaths of thousands more Americans by allowing them to keep their jobs.”

So... what they said was allowing the current political leaders (wonder who they're talking about there...) to keep their jobs is akin to aiding and abetting homicide... Which is probably stronger. 

Took me three edits but it seems to work! Some great comments below: 

"Remember, Trump isn't a victim, he's the drunk driver."

"Trump isn't meeting a 'poetically ironic fate,' he's meeting a completely predicable one that multiple experts tried to warn him of, repeatedly."

"Potentially the first president to be assassinated by his own stupidity."

"Republicans are more upset about us saying trump deserves covid than they are about 211,000 Americans dying"

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

Took me three edits but it seems to work! 

Posting videos is kind of sketchy here. What works for me 100% of the time is posting the embed code like this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tg7OVSIP6cg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then if you just click edit, and then submit it again its worked everytime for me.

JWeinCom said:
Runa216 said:

Took me three edits but it seems to work! 

Posting videos is kind of sketchy here. What works for me 100% of the time is posting the embed code like this.

Then if you just click edit, and then submit it again its worked everytime for me.

That's what I did. First it was just the link, then I realized this forum didn't auto-format it so I embedded it. Didn't work, so I tried to edit it a second time but it automatically corrected it. Third try! 

Alas, yeah I think it's funny that Trump got Covid. Normally I'm the type to say nobody deserves death or suffering...but then I have to amend that statement by saying MOST people don't...most of the time. Anyone who deliberately downplays the danger of a global pandemic resulting in mass misinformation spread and gets the very same virus he convinced his cult wasn't a big deal is 100% deserving of it. He's indirectly responsible for 200,000+ deaths due to his unwillingness to take this shit seriously while in a position of ultimate power. 

Maybe if he understood Spider-Man he'd be smarter. with great power comes great responsibility. Unfortunately, he's more of a 'power corrups, absolute power corrupts absolutely'. He wants the fame and power, but none of the actual responsibility. 

He doesn't need to die, but he does need to go away. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android