By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you going to get Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit?

Will you get Mario Kart Home Circuit?

Yes 7 25.00%

No 18 64.29%

Unsure 3 10.71%

Total:28

Will you guys get MK Home Circuit

The overview trailer released today got me more interested in it since it does have more content than I initially expected. It has track customization, multiple modes, and its a cool and intriguing way to experience mario kart, and it'll be cool to have as an RC car. The technology also looks really cool too.

The price of 99$ tho is a little hard to swallow, and if im being real I'm not sure if ill actually play it much especially when I already have MK8DX with online and all that. So right now I'm on the fence with it.

Around the Network

Yep, already preordered it for my younger brother as a belated birthday present, he's super excited.
While I bought it as a gift i am actually quite looking forward to trying it out for myself.
I love clever, creative stuff like this.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 02 October 2020

I'm not but damn, it looks great. It's a simple but engaging use of AR.

No. I'm tempted to buy this kind of stuff because of the novelty and creativity, but it's something that would sit in a closet. Maybe a few years from now when my nieces are older or further down the line if I have kids of my own I'll buy it for them but really for me.

Nope, setup seems like a hassle to drive around real life settings. I did find the drive assist curious as it could help quite a bit.
A MK9 game, that would have been a sure buy.

The game reminds me of the Anki Overdrive from a few years back. I think the company is gone now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUGD0Ae6Nvc

Another video game to toy conversion was done by Hot Wheels... nothing beats the actual game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiXE2hmKm1Y

Last edited by TomaTito - on 02 October 2020

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Like with Ring Fit Adventure, a forum full of "hardcore" gamers like us really isn't the game's target audience, so a poll here won't give an accurate cross section of its market appeal.

curl-6 said:
Like with Ring Fit Adventure, a forum full of "hardcore" gamers like us really isn't the game's target audience, so a poll here won't give an accurate cross section of its market appeal.

The business model of these RC toys isn't as lucrative as you might think.
As I mentioned before the Anki company had to close down after their successful launches.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/29/18523124/anki-drive-robot-toy-company-out-of-business-shutting-down

Ring Fit Adventure is an interactive workout video that has been successful in the past, fitness sells.

Maybe the Mario name can pull a one-off miracle, but I would not expect a continued effort in this respect. These toys are a niche market due to their elevated costs; and do not really add anything wrt to the video game they simulate irl, rather they take away.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 02 October 2020

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

No. Way too expensive for me.

No. I love all things Mario Kart, but this one is a bit too pricey for what it is.

100% no.