By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the dumbest scar you've ever gotten

I'll keep mine short and sweet. 

Back in college, when I was playing pickup basketball at the campus wrec center, I was going for a loose ball on the court, but so was another guy. Both of us collided head to head trying to get the ball. I get up and feel the cold blood draining from my forehead right away. I walked over to the bench as quickly as I could to see if I had something in my bag to cover it. I asked my friend if he had something. He gave me his towel, which was actually a really nice bath towel(he was pissed at me after because the wrec center threw it away). 

There was a mirror right next to where the drinking fountain was so I looked at my head and gawdamn I was bleeding everywhere. I looked at the floor where I walked and drops of blood were everywhere. While I'm sitting down being looked at by the wrec center staff near the entrance, everyone is starring at me because who the hell wouldn't. The staff asked me if they need to call an ambulance and I was like, fuck that, and my friend drove me to the nearest prompt care. I got either 8 or 9 stiches. 

For awhile, my roommates called me Harry Potter because my scar looks kinda looks like the lightening bolt scar on his head. It's still there now, but my hair covers it most of the time. 

That's it. It's not that crazy of a story, but whatever. Now I want to know what yours is.

Around the Network

I have a smallish white spot on my right finger. From Banjo Tooie.

In Banjo Tooie, there is a racing segment against a canary where you have to mash a as fast as you can. The only way I could do it was to rub my right index finger knuckle across the button. By the time I finished I had a huge blister that popped, leaving a permanent discoloration. Not quite a scar, but that's the best I got.

JWeinCom said:
I have a smallish white spot on my right finger. From Banjo Tooie.

In Banjo Tooie, there is a racing segment against a canary where you have to mash a as fast as you can. The only way I could do it was to rub my right index finger knuckle across the button. By the time I finished I had a huge blister that popped, leaving a permanent discoloration. Not quite a scar, but that's the best I got.

That's great. I was hoping to hear some game related scars. 

Take your pick.

I worked in a haunted house and wore a costume. Had a pin in it, ripped into my bicep. My arm hurt but I ignored it and continued working. When the night was over I took off the costume, saw a bunch of blood, and pulled a 2 and a half inch sewing pin out of my arm. Still have the scar.

As a toddler, the babysitter left the curling iron out. Burned my hand. Still have the scar.

2 years old put on my dad's cowboy boots ran around, tripped, and smashed my head on the fireplace. Still have that scar.

I also have a white scar on a finger for my brothers wife keeps her knives sharp enough to cut through steel. I didn't know this and wanted to slice an apple. Knife went right through with little effort like the apple was hot butter into my finger and hit bone. I put a bandaid on it and moved on. Hurt for a while. Small part of that finger I cannot feel anything now.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Tried to prove I could open a window without using the handle. Window shattered. Technically, I was right. I still have a one inch scar on my hand, though.

Around the Network

Okay, a content warning before I post this one; don't read any further if self-harm is distressing to you.

Back when I was 22, I used to cut myself due to issues with self-loathing, depression, and frustration. One time I got drunk and cut too deep; I had to have a tendon surgically reattached and lost the use of my hand for several months. Left one hell of a scar.

It was an incredibly dumb thing to do, but at the time I wasn't thinking straight.

Anyway, the story has a happy ending at least; as of this August, I'm 9 years clean of self-harm.

I have two scars on my whole body, and they're only like 1cm from eachother, on the back of my right hand.

First one isn't dumb since it wasn't my own fault. My little brother was quite aggressive as a kid, and he liked to grab me and push his nails in my skin. The scar still clearly has the shape of a little fingernail.

The second one was very dumb though. I was bored while studying when I was 12 or so, and I had these little soft gummy bears. I melted one of them on my desk lamp. But a few minutes later, a drip fell down on my hand. It initially didn't hurt much, but when I tried to get it off, I also peeled my skin off. I then washed it off with cold water. Even though it only seemed like a small burn mark, it's still there after 8-ish years (I assume due to my slow reaction).

Last edited by Flilix - on 01 October 2020

All of my scars are pretty dumb.

First scar I got was playing American Football in a middle school game. It was my 2nd and last game of my football career. Not sure what happened, as it was pretty traumatic, but all I know is one of my friends from my own team was the last person to get off of my leg. I stood up and felt the bone pierce through my leg, it was my femur. Cleanly broken in half, I had to have major surgery and a long time spent in a cast/wheelchair.

2nd scar was a burn in high school. I heard from a friend that he could make fire go across his skin all cool like with some deodorant spray and a lighter. I was with my friend and decided it would be a cool thing to do. So I sprayed my arm with the spray and lit it on fire. Well it burnt, and then it kept burning lol. Had to get my friend to put it out with a wet towel. Kept the scar for a few years, but it no longer exists to shame me.

3rd scar is just an oil burn. I dropped something in a hot pan too hard and it splashed my wrist and it burnt, now there is a tiny scar.

These are great! Keep up the stories.

I'll share one more I had.
Back when I was in high school, I was with a friend walking my dog to a nearby open field. We found these pieces of white flat broke plastic similar to pieces of a broken CD. We started throwing these around because why not.

I was standing about 50 yards away from him when one of the pieces did like boomerang motion and hit me right on the forehead. I put my hand on my head and when I took it off, my hand was covered in blood. We walked back to my house and I showed by dad. We then drove to prompt care(same one from the first story) and I got 4 stiches. This scar isn't there anymore.

I don't have many, so they're not really all that dumb either, but I have two-ish from my worst enemy (the oven) and one from mistaking my finger for bread when I was cutting bread (i.e. the knife slipped). All three could and should have been avoided. I mean how do you burn your hand when you're thinking you must be careful and there's a ton of room to avoid the hot edges? I don't know how I managed that but I did.