By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - NYT: Long-Concealed Records Show Trump’s Chronic Losses and Years of Tax Avoidance

Oh and on that note:

LOL, this aged real well, Donnie Dumb Dumb!

At least Obama PAYS taxes.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 29 September 2020

Around the Network
melbye said:
Puts a smile on my face when people manage Avoid getting their money stolen

If tax is theft then don't drive on that road, don't walk over that bridge, don't drink water from the faucet or flush your shite down the toilet. Don't make use of anything provided by the government. 

Chris Hu said:
FormerlyTeamSilent13 said:

Nothing in the article said Trump does anything illegal. I’m not a libertarian, but avoiding paying taxes to our corrupt deep state government is something I commend. Almost anyone who would be libertarian or for small government probably wouldn’t care either. If Trump uses loopholes that are legal what exactly is the problem? What makes you think these democrat career politicians that amassed millions of dollars during their tenure don’t do the same or worse. This is such a non issue and the best you can say is hur dur cult because you actually don’t have anything meaningful to say. Crook is what the democratic party represents. Stealing from generational wealth and middle America and giving to criminals, illegal aliens, and new immigrants disproportionately many of whom hate us and our country. 

You need to stick to UK politics because you are clueless when it comes to US politics.  I'm guessing you get all your info from faux news.

I’m American. I do not watch Fox News. I like Tucker Carlson, but I do not watch him except occasional youtube videos. I don’t have a single source that I go to often or disproportionately. It would be nice if one of you could have a shred of intellectual honesty. Bunch of NPCs

NightlyPoe said:

Sadly, the real scandal here isn't even touched on. The president's private records were violated and then exposed for nakedly political purposes. Unfortunate that we don't live in an ethical enough time to even care about that.

Just like when the same president violated the privacy of the whistleblower by exposing is identity for nakedly political purposes?

NightlyPoe said:

Sadly, the real scandal here isn't even touched on. The president's private records were violated and then exposed for nakedly political purposes. Unfortunate that we don't live in an ethical enough time to even care about that.

Things Trump has said about his tax returns, unless he was lying he wanted his tax returns released

in 2011 "I'd love to give my tax returns."

in 2014 "If I decide to run for office, I'll produce my tax returns, absolutely."

in 2020 "But they're under audit and when they're not I would be proud to show it."

How many years is this audit going on for

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
melbye said:

If tax is theft then don't drive on that road, don't walk over that bridge, don't drink water from the faucet or flush your shite down the toilet. Don't make use of anything provided by the government. 

Not only that. If Trump had an ideological reason not to pay taxes, he is in the position to push for the abolishment of the tax system, he hasn't done that. No no, others should still pay taxes, just not Donny, he gets his funding for his golf courses, his entire family get their salary etc. through tax money. Theft is okay, as long as he is the one doing the stealing.

Vinther1991 said:
OTBWY said:

Not only that. If Trump had an ideological reason not to pay taxes, he is in the position to push for the abolishment of the tax system, he hasn't done that. No no, others should still pay taxes, just not Donny, he gets his funding for his golf courses, his entire family get their salary etc. through tax money. Theft is okay, as long as he is the one doing the stealing.

Of course, he is playing quadruple dimensional chess. 

But indeed, he also got tax cuts for his billionaire buddies as a bonus.

OTBWY said:
melbye said:

It's hyperbole. it's just that a lot of tax-payer money is spent on bullshit that serves no one. Think painting the BLM-crap in front of Trump Tower just to spite him.

Trump is such a clown. If Trump was paying his taxes, he would be shouting it from the roof tops letting everyone know how much he has payed, because he's that kind of guy. Anyone with half a brain knew he was avoiding taxes. Doesn't matter though. His followers don't give a shit what laws he breaks.

Someone who knows better explain this. From the article it says he paid $1 million in 2016 and $4.2 million in 2017. I admit i am not sure what it means