By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Youtuber says Ubisoft could be bought out by either google,microsoft, or amazon

If I had to guess, I doubt Google is actually going to be a serious player since they aren't taking Stadia that seriously imo. I think it will come down to Amazon or MS if true.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I remember Ubisoft resisting a majority share purchase recently.. this rumor doesn’t strike me as true. Besides, I love their games but they aren’t that influential in the console wars.

Updated title to better reflect content in the video.

Ubisoft is a publicly traded company, so if their stockholders are convinced to sell, any other company could buy them out. Doesn't seem to be any concrete plans to do so. Mostly theoretical.

ubisoft had amazing games early 2010's
aciv black flag and far cry 3,

everything went south once watchdog came out,
a lot of their games had a lack of finesse or polish they came out looking very average.
watchdogs damage has been done i dont see myself buying a ubisoft game soon maybe fc6 if that is indeed vaas!

Microsoft seems like the most likely candidate. But even the trillion dollar company can't buy that many big studio's within months. Also I see them going for EA next for Fifa to gain a lot of ground in Europe. Kind a like what Nintendo did with monster hunter all be this a bit more fitting for a company this size to simply buy EA.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Remember the EA hostile takeover rumors? If this has any truth it shows the industry truly is going to shit.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

snyps said:
I remember Ubisoft resisting a majority share purchase recently.. this rumor doesn’t strike me as true. Besides, I love their games but they aren’t that influential in the console wars.

Vivendi tried to buy them out, and it was resisted. But, that's not to say another company with deeper pockets might not succeed.

I don’t think anyone’s going to buy anything, no matter what random Youtuber says.

Qwark said:
Microsoft seems like the most likely candidate. But even the trillion dollar company can't buy that many big studio's within months. Also I see them going for EA next for Fifa to gain a lot of ground in Europe. Kind a like what Nintendo did with monster hunter all be this a bit more fitting for a company this size to simply buy EA.

No, EA is a bad buy for any platform-holder. Most of it's IPs are licenced, like FIFA. The licence holders will demand some level of multiplatform (like with MLB: The Show) or move their licence. Also EA makes most of it's money with exploitative gambling tactics, which are currently under scrutiny by many countries. If even some prohibit them, then EA loses a substantial income stream. That all probably means EA will cost much, much more than it is worth for a platform-holder.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

A YouTuber said it, it must be true then.

But really though, would either company buy Ubisoft right now? MS just spent 7 billion dollars in Bethesda and it probably needs time before a similarly sized adquisition, Amazon is just starting its gaming platform and seems too early for such an adquisition, and Google has to put down Stadia's flames before doing anything else in the market.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.