By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series X/S expandable storage is expensive....

Will you be buying this storage?

Yes 10 20.83%

No 38 79.17%

Total:48
Otter said:
Barkley said:

$520 - 1.5tb Xbox Series S

$500 - 1tb Xbox Series X

The price of this storage kinda kills the value of the Series S. I mean if we assume the 0.5tb is worth $110....

Then it's $410 for Xbox Series S 1TB and $500 for Xbox Series X 1TB. Meaning you're getting a vastly inferior GPU and only saving $90.

These storage prices will need to come down fast.

I'm sure most people who are price sensitive (hence going for a Series S) have no intention of expanding their storage, especially not for $200+

And if they do need expanded storage, they can just get a USB HDD and transfer the games they aren't actively playing to it.

I'm getting the series X and that's what I will do if I need to expand my storage.

Around the Network

Ok, just buy an external hhd... You can park games in and out of your SSD.

2TB is only like $60-80.

yvanjean said:

2TB is only like $60-80.

That's actually a really good idea...

£220 in the UK. Only £30 more and you could get the Series S. Ummm...

We get ripped off so badly.

Last edited by hinch - on 24 September 2020

hinch said:

£220 in the UK. Only £30 more and you could get the Series S. Ummm...

We get ripped off so badly.

Wow..... double the price of a PC SSD with equivalent raw speed. Proprietary storage is the worst. I'm sure the price will come down a lot by the end of next year.

£220 for 1tb

£250 for Series S.

It really is insane.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
yvanjean said:

2TB is only like $60-80.

That's actually a really good idea...

The good news is that PS5 consoles should work the same way.

That's hella expensive considering the new Samsung 980 Pro SSD that can do up to 7GB/s costs almost the same

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/22/21444428/samsung-pc-980-pro-ssd-solid-state-drive-storage-price

250GB for $89.99, 500GB for $149.99, and 1TB for $229.99

Not to mention Samsung's competitors are also going to be launching soon:

https://www.techpowerup.com/272381/adata-xpg-launches-gammix-s70-pcie-gen4-m-2-2280-solid-state-drive

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 24 September 2020

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

That's expensive. Why start at 1 TB though? A 512 GB one for half the price would probably do the trick for a lot of people.

Somebody will make an adapter.

I currently have 8tb on my Xbox One X in addition to the 1tb that came with the system. One TB on XSX is unacceptable.

d21lewis said:

Somebody will make an adapter.

I currently have 8tb on my Xbox One X in addition to the 1tb that came with the system. One TB on XSX is unacceptable.

Well a 2tb SSD is $350, so that's wasn't feasible. Sounds to me someone needs to clean up their drive or you need to buy HHD server to store some of your games.