Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS CEO Nadella: We Will Consider Buying Even More Game Companies In Future

People took this joke too far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GvTOL8ypaU&feature=youtu.be

Around the Network
Leynos said:
*sigh* yay monopolies. But at the very least stay away from Japanese studios and publishers.

Well to be fair a monopoly is defined by market share, not the assets of a corporation. So going by this basic definition of a monopoly it’s actually Sony that needs to be taken down a peg to allow proper competition in the gaming industry.

The Bethesda purchase will go a ways in helping achieve the “balance” that gen 7 had. But that’s not enough. Mainland Europe and Asia will be tougher to crack. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Hey sony started this with trying to buy all the timed exclusives so xbox players couldn't have any games which leads me to believe the articles online that the ps5 isn't really a 10 tflop machine 🤔 they have never tried to money hat 3rd party games this hard before....now they're getting what they deserve

Maybe they will buy both Sony and Nintendo.

I guess people forget Microsoft buying timed exclusive rights to Fallout 3 and GTA4 LOL

Around the Network

MS brought timed exclusive to dlc for gta 5 and fallout 3 not the entire game timed dlc isn't a issue to me but keeping a game thats not even theirs is bs

VAMatt said:
I'm gonna call it right here - MS buys EA within the next 24 months.

I would love to see BioWare in just about anybody else’s hands, so I’m all for it!

VAMatt said:
I'm gonna call it right here - MS buys EA within the next 24 months.

When they do that, can they please RE-ASSIGN the Star Wars IP to studios that 1) Know what they are doing, and 2)Will actually make good games at a decent pace?

Leynos said:
*sigh* yay monopolies. But at the very least stay away from Japanese studios and publishers.

Not really a wise investment anyway. The Japanese gaming market is shrinking and it will only continue to do so going forward because of the population decline. They are supposed to "decrease to 100 million people by 2049 from where it is now at 127 million and will continue to decrease to just above 50 million by 2100."

That's not a market you concern yourself with in the long run, no insult intended to the Japanese.

Is it true that they are about (or trying) to buy SEGA? Or it's just an elaborate hoax?

I saw some people on Twitter telling that.