By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS CEO Nadella: We Will Consider Buying Even More Game Companies In Future

smroadkill15 said:
KratosLives said:

People don't understand that fallout and elderscrolls , starfield is still going to come to ps5. They need to make their money back and there is alot to be made with license fees to sony. Making it console exclusive and hoping to bring in millions more won't do it. Think about it, there will be a big install base ezpecially for starfield/elder scrolls on pc. Those that bought xbox. Those who chose ps5 as console of choice aren't going to or intend to ditch the ps5 and their exclusives because of one or exclusives they would like. Those who would even consider switching, i'm sure they are well aware of the playstation having more exclusives that they want, which is why they would go for ps5 in the first place. How many are on the fence thinking about which console of choice to go for?? You might see some people buying a ps5 and series s, but that would be small percentage. There will also be huge backlash against them if they opt not to, and it will cause damage to them , more so through social media.

You're really setting yourself up for disappointment if you think MS is going to have new games release on ps5 in the future. Besides those deals Sony already made with Bethesda, and probably Fallout 76 and ESO(since they are already on Ps4), I don't see why MS would release new games on other platforms.

MS wants the Xbox/gamepass to grow. Having titles like Fallout 5, Starfield, and ES6 be exclusive to Xbox would be huge. Then throw in a new Doom, Wolfenstein, and Dishonored, this would really pull people towards the Xbox ecosystem. I don't think you understand, the acquisition isn't about making money make as quickly as possible, it's about building a library of content that nobody can ignore. MS has so much money, making their money back as soon as possible is the least of their worries. 

MS could care less about any sort of outrage. MS owns these IP's now and can do what they want with them and no amount of port begging is going to change this. If someone wants to play these games badly enough, they will buy an Xbox or play it on PC/Xcloud. 

Doom, wolfenstein and dishonored aren't big enough games to make any playstation fan switch over. I'd take sony's exclusives, since they vary and sony is always consistent in releasing exclusives right till the end of the console's life,  over an elder scrolls game and a "maybe' good fallout game, since they need to improve going forward. As for starfield, we haven't seen anything yet.

Making them exclusive does not guarantee many more people will jump ship and get gamepass. They have their own userbase to worry about. They are currently at around 15 mil,pc included  with another 35 mill to try sway over. People who buy playstation want a playstation for various reasons. Those deciding are usually shooter orientated, as in they only care for either cod or gta. I doub't consoles of choice will be determined by a fallout or elder scrolls title.

Sony won't lose millions of sales due to bethesda. Microsoft will make more off sony by licensing it out. You might see a lot of ps owners buy the cheaper series s just to playout fallout/elderscrolls, which is why I feel microsoft will still release it on ps5. Pc owners will remain on pc and since they get xbox exclusives, their second console will most likely be a ps5. As for those bethesda fans, mainly  who care about fallout and to a lesser extent elder scrolls, they will probably wait around release before doing a join. This deal does not guarantee millions will flock as a result. However it will make sony think on how to push out their own gamepass incentive, playstation now or whatever they call it, more so for new gamers deciding on where to go.

The thing with gamepass, it's a smart marketing incentive but at the end of the day they want your money and they did their research. They know people will join and be swayed by the thousands of games and past lineups and day one exclusives, and people will pay a 15 monthly fee, and remain connected.

A lot of people say they will join and cancel, but psychology tells us a lot of people are lazy or just don't get around to doing it. Since its a small fee coming out of your card account, a lot of people just let it run. As the case with a lot of subscriptions. That 15 a month will essentially pay for those probably 2 exclusives that you do want that happen to make it day one and for many it's probably abit more money gone to waste, if they do allow the subcription to keep running. It is however good for new gamers, if they game a lot, since they have a lot of gaming to catch up on. but it won't be long before sony catches up and does the same, just like how xbox live forced sony to revamp their services.

Sorry for the rant, but I still expect bethesda titles to show up on ps5, whether a timed exclusive after a years launch or same day, as I believe the deal is there to make gamepass look good. Still think it's a shit go though, to have established games that have been across multiple systems that people have been accustomed to suddnely show up on one system only. Don't see it happening, it's like a shot gun to the head of gamers. 

Last edited by KratosLives - on 25 September 2020

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
smroadkill15 said:

You're really setting yourself up for disappointment if you think MS is going to have new games release on ps5 in the future. Besides those deals Sony already made with Bethesda, and probably Fallout 76 and ESO(since they are already on Ps4), I don't see why MS would release new games on other platforms.

MS wants the Xbox/gamepass to grow. Having titles like Fallout 5, Starfield, and ES6 be exclusive to Xbox would be huge. Then throw in a new Doom, Wolfenstein, and Dishonored, this would really pull people towards the Xbox ecosystem. I don't think you understand, the acquisition isn't about making money make as quickly as possible, it's about building a library of content that nobody can ignore. MS has so much money, making their money back as soon as possible is the least of their worries. 

MS could care less about any sort of outrage. MS owns these IP's now and can do what they want with them and no amount of port begging is going to change this. If someone wants to play these games badly enough, they will buy an Xbox or play it on PC/Xcloud. 

Doom, wolfenstein and dishonored aren't big enough.....

I'm not reading that wall of text. At least break it up.

zero129 said:
HollyGamer said:

Remember, Sony and Nintendo  dont have PC platform OS like Apple or Microsoft. They depend on consoles or handled (Nintendo). That's why their lock in to their ecosystem. If you think Sony and Nintendo is bullshit by looking into their exclusives then why don't you use smartphones as an example where some Apple app only available on iOS. 

It's about platform or ecosystem, Microsoft will win if Sony put their games on PC but not with Sony. Their revenue will be much bigger on their own platform/Service (PSPlus/Now/PS consoles). 

Remember Sony and Nintendo could easy build their own Store on PC where they wouldnt be giving MS a cut of anything. Thats whats great about an Open platform like the PC.

I doubt PC gamers would be receptive to yet another digital-PC store.

We already have GOG, Origin, uDontPlay, Steam, Battle.net, Epic Store, Windows Store, Bethesda Store, Gamers Gate, Green Man Gaming, Direct 2 Drive and whatever else I have forgotten.

Plus it takes time to make a store *good* Steam has been at it for years... And considering the fact that Nintendo already struggles trying to build an online eco-system as it is for the hot-selling Switch, do they really have the time and resources to start focusing on PC?

They would probably be better off partnering up with Epic or Valve rather than trying to reinvent the wheel again.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
zero129 said:

Remember Sony and Nintendo could easy build their own Store on PC where they wouldnt be giving MS a cut of anything. Thats whats great about an Open platform like the PC.

I doubt PC gamers would be receptive to yet another digital-PC store.

We already have GOG, Origin, uDontPlay, Steam, Battle.net, Epic Store, Windows Store, Bethesda Store, Gamers Gate, Green Man Gaming, Direct 2 Drive and whatever else I have forgotten.

Plus it takes time to make a store *good* Steam has been at it for years... And considering the fact that Nintendo already struggles trying to build an online eco-system as it is for the hot-selling Switch, do they really have the time and resources to start focusing on PC?

They would probably be better off partnering up with Epic or Valve rather than trying to reinvent the wheel again.

People would go where the games are, why wouldn't they be receptive. 

the-pi-guy said:
KratosLives said:

But there won't be 4 exclusives per year that you"d want to play,  Especially from bethesda. So monthly fee isn't worth it. But a lot of people will just join and cancel when ever an exclusive they want releases. So I wonder how long it will take for them to make their investment back. Maybe they expect 60 to 70% of new members to remain connected monthly.

It's not just exclusives. It also includes EA games and others. 

They want to push Gamepass as Netflix for games. Not really hard to see how that's appealing. 

How many AAA multi million dollar games day one exclusives came out this year or last year from EA or high profile publishers?

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Bandorr said:

People constantly call it the netfilx of games but they miss something important. Netflix has content exclusive to Netflix. Gamepass does not.

So will they ever cross that line?

A game pass only game. You have to subscribe to play it

Plenty of Netflix's biggest things are available on DVD, so I'm not entirely sold on that being the reason. 

But that had brought me to one of my other thoughts. That they'd use Gamepass as a way to get on PS.  Of course Sony doesn't want that. But Bethesda is a big deal.  

vonny said:

People would go where the games are, why wouldn't they be receptive. 

People like the ecosystem they are in.  It's irritating to have to use multiple launchers just to see your list of games, or setting up short cuts to other launchers from your main one. That isn't convenient either. 

Use GOG galaxy 2,you can add other accounts from xbox,playstation,epic,steam to it to have a good oversight.

its simple i would never spend cash on battlefield gothic armada 2, but im playing it with GP same thing for SoT

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

zero129 said:
LivingMetal said:

I hope that pic is about yourself as i honestly dont see how im moving any goal post.

I say how nothing is stopping Sony or Nintendo from opening up their own store front on PC.

You reply as if they would have to give MS a cut to do so.

I let you know they wouldnt have to pay MS any cut to put their store even on windows and your trying to say im moving goal posts?.

LivingMetal said:
zero129 said:

I hope that pic is about yourself as i honestly dont see how im moving any goal post.

I say how nothing is stopping Sony or Nintendo from opening up their own store front on PC.

You reply as if they would have to give MS a cut to do so.

I let you know they wouldnt have to pay MS any cut to put their store even on windows and your trying to say im moving goal posts?.

Are you that ignorant of how the market works on PC or are you just shit posting? 

zero129 said:
LivingMetal said:

If thats all you can reply with your not even worth it. Fact is PC is an open platform, Gog, Origin, Steam, Uplay, GMG, etc pay nothing to MS and get their own cuts from sales of software sold on their own store if thats not open i dont know what to say.