Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Game Pass has reached over 15 million subscribers.

It was a tough generation us Xbox whores went through... but there is light at the end of the tunnel it seems.

Honestly it is super exciting to be a PC/Xbox gamer rn though, and gamepass is just nuts value wise.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Recently upgraded from Gamepass PC to ultimate totally worth it.
I'll bet on 20m subs by Black Friday and (Optimistically) 25M by the end of the year.

At this rate I could see the number of subscribers eventually becoming higher than the number of people using Xbox consoles. It could maybe reach 100 million this decade.

Norion said:
At this rate I could see the number of subscribers eventually becoming higher than the number of people using Xbox consoles. It could maybe reach 100 million this decade.

That sort of statement only seems impressive until you remember the sheer amount of devices that have access to Game Pass subs.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
Norion said:

That sort of statement only seems impressive until you remember the sheer amount of devices that have access to Game Pass subs.

That’s not important. The only criteria that matters is compared to the instal base of the current PlayStation, PS Now or even PS Plus :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

I can't wait for Cloud to get fully implemented. Game Pass is going to be great with it.

RolStoppable said:
Norion said:

It will eventually have far more subscribers than any other gaming related subscription which is worth something at least. A big question is how close will it be able to get to Netflix's nearly 200 million.

RolStoppable said:
Norion said:

you could fit it in the narrative of how few xboxes are being sold

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

all part of the plan.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

sales2099 said:
I like today. This is a nice day :)

It’s going to be increasingly hard to make a case against Game Pass. Quality and quantity. Playing more games for less money compared to the competition. Glad it’s climbing and will continue to do so!

Yeah, I consider getting Gamepass for a while now. This news is not especially moving me personally more than the acquisation of Obsidian and inXile, but this today shows Microsoft is all in for the service.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter