By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:

Minecraft say hi 

Can’t wait to see the meltdowns when Starfield is confirmed to not have a PS version :)

Starfield probably will be fine, the problem is games like Elder Scroll or fallout that already been establish as third party 

Around the Network

Bethesda wants to keep on publishing on many platforms, including present and future PlayStations, MS wants to get some advantages for XBox from the deal, and for some games there are already deals to make them for PS5 too, probably the soft approach Nadella will prefer could be to keep on publishing for PS too franchises that already are on it, but make as many new exclusive franchises as possible for XB and Windows. XB could also get timed exclusives on multiplats. Big games on PS5 mean more money, so MS will have to choose a compromise between more money and more power. And the right compromise could vary with time, for example MS could sacrifice some more money during the first one or two years of PS5 to slow it down a little and favour XBSX, then choose again more money when next gen market shares are more established and less likely to change dramatically, and user bases of each platform will have become large enough to be hard to ignore and give up their money.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

HollyGamer said:
smroadkill15 said:

MS wants gamers to join into their ecosystem. Releasing games on PS5 is counter productive of what their ultimate goal is. 

You can literally say the same thing about Sony and make the argument they could make more money only sell software or subs if they really wanted to. The console is another piece of the hardware puzzle. There will always be gamers who prefer consoles or can only play consoles because their internet is bad so streaming isn't an option, or they don't want to deal with PC gaming, and the upfront costs of PC gaming. Consoles will always be a more accessible hardware option. 

I know you're trying really hard to convince yourself MS is better off releasing games on PS5, but they're not.

Minecraft say hi 

How many times does the Minecraft example have to be used and proven not to be a is not a viable argument. It's been discussed to death already. Find something new. 

smroadkill15 said:
HollyGamer said:

Minecraft say hi 

How many times does the Minecraft example have to be used and proven not to be a is not a viable argument. It's been discussed to death already. Find something new. 

I am sorry i am out the loop and has not visit the site for long time. But i saw many example and yet it still can be debatable. 

kirby007 said:
Yes every sold copy of minecraft on the ps3 was to be returned the moment MS bought the IP
what a great and valid argument bringing up minecraft makes

Minecraft dungeons came out this year in May. Want to try again?

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:

Minecraft say hi 

Can’t wait to see the meltdowns when Starfield is confirmed to not have a PS version :)

I think that's already been confirmed they removed the Sony logo from the website. At least that's what I read can't confirm. Not sure people care about that though because it's a new IP and we really don't know anything about it. It could end up just being a boringbad game who knows.

Games like Elder Scrolls or Fallout will cause much more of a meltdown. These are long established franchises with fans.

Last edited by method114 - on 06 November 2020

method114 said:
kirby007 said:
Yes every sold copy of minecraft on the ps3 was to be returned the moment MS bought the IP

EZ, why not release it on a platform if that generations landscape is settled

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

method114 said:
kirby007 said:

Minecraft IP is too big to remain exclusive. 200 million sold and counting. It sucks but I guess it’s MSs Fortnight...it’s job is to print money and pad every fiscal quarter. Guess even spin-offs count. 

What about Hellblade 2? Original game was PS timed exclusive. Now it’s Xbox Ecosystem exclusive.

Instead of listing the exception to the rule, maybe consider that if the game was announced with platforms then MS honours it. Wasteland 3, Psychonauts 2, Outer Worlds. Games that have no platforms announced are fair game. Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6, Fallout 5, Doom 3, etc. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
method114 said:

Minecraft IP is too big to remain exclusive. 200 million sold and counting. It sucks but I guess it’s MSs Fortnight...it’s job is to print money and pad every fiscal quarter. Guess even spin-offs count. 

What about Hellblade 2? Original game was PS timed exclusive. Now it’s Xbox Ecosystem exclusive.

Instead of listing the exception to the rule, maybe consider that if the game was announced with platforms then MS honours it. Wasteland 3, Psychonauts 2, Outer Worlds. Games that have no platforms announced are fair game. Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6, Fallout 5, Doom 3, etc. 

I think that is exactly the reason why it should've been made exclusive. I think MS made a HUGE mistake there. Yes, Minecraft gives them money in the short term, but "system sellers" are called system sellers for a reason. I'm 100% sure that Halo, Animal Crossing, and God of war would all sell a lot more if they were multiplatform but that is not their purpose in life, they all exist with the purpose of being the "system seller" to attract people to their respective platforms. I truly hope Microsoft learned their lesson and don't make the same mistake with Elder Scrolls.

chakkra said:
sales2099 said:

I think that is exactly the reason why it should've been made exclusive. I think MS made a HUGE mistake there. Yes, Minecraft gives them money in the short term, but "system sellers" are called system sellers for a reason. I'm 100% sure that Halo, Animal Crossing, and God of war would all sell a lot more if they were multiplatform but that is not their purpose in life, they all exist with the purpose of being the "system seller" to attract people to their respective platforms. I truly hope Microsoft learned their lesson and don't make the same mistake with Elder Scrolls.

It’s bigger then that. If people can’t crossplay with PS versions then it can trigger a domino effect and loose sales. Also bad PR for rolling back on what was allready a multiplat. And it clearly isn’t short term, it’s been making money the entire time. That’s long term cushion money to pad their entire division. 

That said, they didn’t confirm a PS5 version, bout time they keep the IP to themselves, while still supporting the PS4 version. I completely agree MS is too nice sometimes with their IP when Sony clearly plays dirty by comparison. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.