By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kirby007 said:
HollyGamer said:

https://wccftech.com/microsoft-admits-xbox-game-pass-isnt-really-making-a-lot-of-money-right-now/

not sure why you think that link is useful that isn't in anyway related towards 1. the purchase of the studio 2. future growth 3. the rest of the xbox branch

it would suit you admitting being clueless, if you do i might bother explaining why its not just ooh must recoup my studio acquisition otherwise i would be wasting time.

Oh you are not giving additional reason either way, tell me how can a studio can grow without any capital and resource support, what i see Microsoft close the studio disbanded and allocate to another resource. 

Well you already wasting your time by replying to me anyway. 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
sales2099 said:

Question...what’s your endgame to the “concern”? You’d think their accounting department, financial planners, and vision for the next several years would take into account all these costs associated with what they are doing? Any credentials you have are one of an outsider without the knowledge of inner workings. If you proved you have some credentials and insider claims other then “armchair economics” maybe I’d take your sentiments under consideration. 

Because all we have to be concerned about is what they are making for Xbox. That’s it. To me, any false claims of business concern tells me the non-Xbox camp has little to say that’s not blatant speculation. Which ultimately means Xbox is in a good place right now, arguably the best position it’s ever been before the start of a new generation. 

I am never said I am " Concern" . In fact i do believe they will making a lot of money in long term and " short term" . Making money in long term (of course full prediction and never 100% guarantee in any business model so far ). And also short terms with better probability. 

I do believe Gamepass is ultimate money maker, it's just  that making the games alone full exclusivity is just not part of their plan as well. To make a short term profit they can just sell games full price on other platform and making it free on their platform.  It's like making a double score by  single hit. 

Ok thanks for levelling with me here. That said they aren’t technically “exclusive”. They would be on Xbox Series S, Series X, Windows Store, Steam, Game Pass, and mobile via Xcloud. As opposed to Sony and Nintendo regulating their exclusives to literally one device. Phil even went on record saying these devices alone can recoup their investment. People easily overlook just how many places you can play Xbox games. 

Guess this goes back to people unsure where Bethesda games are going to PS5. Ultimately I’m a staunch believer that making them exclusive to the Xbox Ecosystem will have millions of gamers migrating to them via console or PC. Most importantly it will surge GP users. Establishing new customers and long term engagement is the goal. 

Because end of day even if Game Pass is more attractive then buying full piece, if people know say Elder Scrolls 6 will come to PS5, they will wait it out as long as it takes. As opposed to swallowing their pride and buying a Xbox/Steam version which is more ideal. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:

I am never said I am " Concern" . In fact i do believe they will making a lot of money in long term and " short term" . Making money in long term (of course full prediction and never 100% guarantee in any business model so far ). And also short terms with better probability. 

I do believe Gamepass is ultimate money maker, it's just  that making the games alone full exclusivity is just not part of their plan as well. To make a short term profit they can just sell games full price on other platform and making it free on their platform.  It's like making a double score by  single hit. 

Ok thanks for levelling with me here. That said they aren’t technically “exclusive”. They would be on Xbox Series S, Series X, Windows Store, Steam, Game Pass, and mobile via Xcloud. As opposed to Sony and Nintendo regulating their exclusives to literally one device. Phil even went on record saying these devices alone can recoup their investment. People easily overlook just how many places you can play Xbox games. 

Guess this goes back to people unsure where Bethesda games are going to PS5. Ultimately I’m a staunch believer that making them exclusive to the Xbox Ecosystem will have millions of gamers migrating to them via console or PC. Most importantly it will surge GP users. Establishing new customers and long term engagement is the goal. 

Because end of day even if Game Pass is more attractive then buying full piece, if people know say Elder Scrolls 6 will come to PS5, they will wait it out as long as it takes. As opposed to swallowing their pride and buying a Xbox/Steam version which is more ideal. 

Nothing to disagree here. Except that probably only few people willing to sacrifice buying two consoles only to play Bathesda games. In fact probably they just buy on PC if they have proper spec or just running it on cloud if they have proper internet speed. Bethesda going to Microsoft is not a major loose for Sony but is a win for Microsoft if they releasing their games on other platform as well. 

Microsoft can still make a lot of money even without Xbox console, in fact Microsoft has spread their love to other platform within their ecosystem. Their marketing is not focusing only to sell Xbox consoles , and they cannot , because if they want to succeed with gamepass,  than console is irrelevant for their future long terms profit and growth.

HollyGamer said:
sales2099 said:

Nothing to disagree here. Except that probably only few people willing to sacrifice buying two consoles only to play Bathesda games. In fact probably they just buy on PC if they have proper spec or just running it on cloud if they have proper internet speed. Bethesda going to Microsoft is not a major loose for Sony but is a win for Microsoft if they releasing their games on other platform as well. 

Microsoft can still make a lot of money even without Xbox console, in fact Microsoft has spread their love to other platform within their ecosystem. Their marketing is not focusing only to sell Xbox consoles , and they cannot , because if they want to succeed with gamepass,  than console is irrelevant for their future long terms profit and growth.

Don’t forget the main profit of a console is the 3rd party game revenue. It is very much in MSs interest to keep selling consoles, hence the extra R&D to make not one but 2 spec SKUs. They just catering to those who don’t plan to buy a console, like staunch PC gamers. Or casual mobile gamers. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

HollyGamer said:
sales2099 said:

MS wants gamers to join into their ecosystem. Releasing games on PS5 is counter productive of what their ultimate goal is. 

You can literally say the same thing about Sony and make the argument they could make more money only sell software or subs if they really wanted to. The console is another piece of the hardware puzzle. There will always be gamers who prefer consoles or can only play consoles because their internet is bad so streaming isn't an option, or they don't want to deal with PC gaming, and the upfront costs of PC gaming. Consoles will always be a more accessible hardware option. 

I know you're trying really hard to convince yourself MS is better off releasing games on PS5, but they're not.

Around the Network

You say MS has shutdown many a division and product, yet Sony has also done the same, so what's your point?. Even Nintendo has shut down projects and ended services before.

Like if you're talking about actual trust, cool, but I don't trust all 3 as far as I can throw them, so take that for what you will. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 04 November 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

smroadkill15 said:
HollyGamer said:

MS wants gamers to join into their ecosystem. Releasing games on PS5 is counter productive of what their ultimate goal is. 

Yet they have stated that when it comes to exclusive games for the zenimax purchase it will be a case by case basis. They also still release minecraft on PS4 which is a massive seller with kids. Removing that from Sony could have made some people switch over this new gen.

method114 said:
smroadkill15 said:

Yet they have stated that when it comes to exclusive games for the zenimax purchase it will be a case by case basis. They also still release minecraft on PS4 which is a massive seller with kids. Removing that from Sony could have made some people switch over this new gen.

Yep, and Phil stated several times, MS can't legally say if games will be exclusive or not because they are still in the acquisition phase. All you have to do is read between the lines and it becomes clear their intentions with the Zenimax acquisition. 

Minecraft was a multiplatform IP and already on Playstation before the Mojang was acquired. MS was very straight forward with the outcome of this acquisition from the get-go. Minecraft is basically it's own platform. 

Look at prior acquisitions since 2018 if you want a better idea of how things will play out. MS is using the same language now as they did then, minus without explicitly saying, Zenimax will make Xbox exclusives.  

method114 said:
smroadkill15 said:

When Elder Scrolls sells 200 million then maybe it’s a relatable example haha. Minecraft is too big to limit, as much as I’d like to see MS be more aggressive with it. 

Case by case can easily mean Fallout 76 and Elder Scrolls Online. Both have a dedicated community and getting next gen versions wouldn’t be out of the question. Case in point it would be a dick move to no longer include PS.

But MS seemingly has a simple rule: if a game has been announced as multiplat, MS will honour it. If not, then it’s theirs. Elder Scrolls and Starfield had a reveal trailer, but no platforms were announced. Also why games like Hellblade 2 are only going to Xbox. 

smroadkill15 said:
method114 said:

Yep, and Phil stated several times, MS can't legally say if games will be exclusive or not because they are still in the acquisition phase. All you have to do is read between the lines and it becomes clear their intentions with the Zenimax acquisition. 

Minecraft was a multiplatform IP and already on Playstation before the Mojang was acquired. MS was very straight forward with the outcome of this acquisition from the get-go. Minecraft is basically it's own platform. 

Look at prior acquisitions since 2018 if you want a better idea of how things will play out. MS is using the same language now as they did then, minus without explicitly saying, Zenimax will make Xbox exclusives.  

Why read between lines when we can just read his statement case by case basis. Will see what happens in 2021 I guess. I'll be playing it on my PC anyways but being so vague about the whole thing is weird. People also outright ignoring the case by case basis when he was asked about this is also weird to me. They want to use every statement he said after that and just ignore that he already said it would be a case by case basis.

Last edited by method114 - on 05 November 2020