By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Your Xbox Series SX & PS5 lifetime sales predictions

PS5 - 110 mil
Xbox - 65 mil

Around the Network

Xbox 60m
PS5 120m

SKMBlake said:
COKTOE said:

Hoo mama. That's some bone broth you're serving up for Xbox.

-I didn't even see the other low predictions for XBSX. Wow you guys.

It's simple math. What do we currently have ?

- Series X, the most powerful console with Game Pass, sold at 499$

- Series S, the least powerful console with Game Pass, disc-less, sold at 299$

In the other hand:

-PS5, slighlty less powerful than the Series S, sold at 499$ and at 399$

It's the Xbox One vs PS4 all over again. The One S spent its almost entire lifespan being way cheaper than the PS4 in order to sell something, while the greater power of the One X didn't help that much to drive sales. There is absolutely no difference.

Being the cheapest or the most powerful console doesn't drive sales. Console gaming is, for the past 25 years, to look what Sony has to offer, and then see other companies. 

You sure the Series S, not X....is more powerful than PS5? I thought it had lower specs than the X. The PS5 is slightly less powerful than the X, not S. 

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

PS5 ~130M
Xbox ~65M

And not a chance next-gen is going to be 5 years. There has NEVER been a 5 year PS generation, the last two were 7 years each. If anything, I expect this generation to be longer than the last one. And if enhanced consoles are going to be a ting, I expect them to show up around 2024 and the PS6/XSX2 show p in 2028.

I hope they do better than this thread especially X-series but it's too early. I will be able to tell you after January

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Rafie said:
SKMBlake said:

It's simple math. What do we currently have ?

- Series X, the most powerful console with Game Pass, sold at 499$

- Series S, the least powerful console with Game Pass, disc-less, sold at 299$

In the other hand:

-PS5, slighlty less powerful than the Series S, sold at 499$ and at 399$

It's the Xbox One vs PS4 all over again. The One S spent its almost entire lifespan being way cheaper than the PS4 in order to sell something, while the greater power of the One X didn't help that much to drive sales. There is absolutely no difference.

Being the cheapest or the most powerful console doesn't drive sales. Console gaming is, for the past 25 years, to look what Sony has to offer, and then see other companies. 

You sure the Series S, not X....is more powerful than PS5? I thought it had lower specs than the X. The PS5 is slightly less powerful than the X, not S. 

Sorry, you're right, it was a typo

PS5:105
Xbox:70

PlayStation 5 - 134M
Xbox Series S/X - 66M
Nintendo Switch / 4K - 128M
PlayStation 4 - 122M

PS5. 85 million
Xbox X: 50 million
Switch 140 million

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
This will be a short generation.

95 ps5
55 xbox

This is the most powerful Gen compared to Pc on launch date with exception of 360 and Ps3 which last forever.

This generation will last at least until 2027/2028 so you´re wrong and will continue being wrong. #StraightFacts