By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The funniest/Dumbest reason for why a console won't succeed.

Motion controls are just a fad and will vanish soon.

Around the Network

"[Insert its predecessor here] failed, so this one will fail too."

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 September 2020

They bought one of my favorite publishers/devs, so they are anti consumer.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

"Your console don't have Knack"

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Captain_Yuri said:
Console is too weak

*Looks at all the times that weak consoles succeeded*

This. This. This.

Wii is Nintendo's best-selling home console. It was far weaker than the PS3 and Xbox 360. Switch is also very weak as a home console (though good to excellent in specs as a portable). 3D games in the DS were kind of an after-thought. Nintendo upped some of the specs in development after learning about a PlayStation Portable in development. And then the DS became Nintendo's best-selling piece of hardware. It trails the PS2 only by 3 million units, pretty much within a margin of error. The 3DS was way weaker than the Vita, and stomped it. Game Boy was weak compared to its competitors, and dominated the market.

And then you look at powerful specs in consoles. GameCube was the second-best sixth gen console in terms of specs and still got third place. N64 was beaten handily by the newbie, the PlayStation. 

Xbox One X was the most powerful console to date, and failed to sell much. Xbox One is still under 50 million, and the X probably only sold 5-7 million of Xbox One consoles. 

In almost every console generation, the platform that sells the most hardware is not the one with the best specs. Pretty sure SNES is the only outlier. Though technically consoles like the CD-i had superior specs, but they're not really in the same class as SNES, Genesis, and TGFX16.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

"It can't play 'Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure'."
-Me (2009-present)

Because the previous generation isn’t over yet.

I’ve heard myself say that several times.

"There is no line up besides Zelda, and you won't sell a console on only one game"

GoOnKid said:

Motion controls are just a fad and will vanish soon.

Ironically, that one actually was accurate... but for the Xbox One rather than the Wii.

"Its only launch game is a cross-gen title, so it has no system seller!"

Signature goes here!