By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5: Full-Priced First-Party Games Will Seemingly Be $70

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/playstation-5-launches-in-november-starting-at-399-for-ps5-digital-edition-and-499-for-ps5-with-ultra-hd-blu-ray-disc-drive/

"These newly revealed titles, along with the games we’ve shown previously, represent the best lineup we’ve ever seen in PlayStation history. Games like Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War, and Demon’s Souls will launch alongside the console. Our own Worldwide Studios titles will be priced from US$49.99 to US$69.99 (RRP) on PS5."

Looks like Sony is following Take-Two's lead and increasing the pricing on it's games.

I for one am not a fan of this. As if they don't make enough money from DLC and microtransactions. Now they need to increase the starting price as well.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Honestly, its not a big deal for me, but I rarely buy games at full price.

This is why I choose physical. If this gen showed me one thing, is that retailers love to have their e3 pre-order sales on AAA titles with 20-30% discounts before even the game is released. Digital on consoles? Nothing... Physical Ps5 might cost $100 more but the savings from physical games over it's life time will more than make up for it.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Why are they going to be 80 euros?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

70 dollars for the US. After conversion, 94 dollars for everyone on the Euro. Does that come with a jar of vaseline? These prices are before taxes.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

14 years of inflation /= $10 increase in price. If the price matched inflation the games would retail for around $77. Inflation is just an economic reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Digital Sales precluding used market leading to more direct capture of more consumer money is also an economic reality. Just one not mentioned by corporate PR. If game business was so crappy, why would companies invest hundreds of millions into it? They tell you part of picture and don't tell you to look at their profit results. No company lowered prices when they added DLC. Funny that. People can be resigned to corporations exploiting them, but why waste the effort to repeat their propaganda? Why get emotionally invested in their one sided PR lines?

Fatal flaw by Sony OMG. They are subconsciously pushing more people towards Gamepass.

DroidKnight said:
70 dollars for the US. After conversion, 94 dollars for everyone on the Euro. Does that come with a jar of vaseline? These prices are before taxes.

In Europe prices to consumers must include taxes. So that 80 euros is the total price incl. VAT. Retail pricing will now be around 70 to 75 euros.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

This is simultaneously overdue and poorly timed at the same time due to covid.

I do expect most publishers, including MS, to follow suit sooner rather than later though.

@BlackBeauty I have to agree. It makes the Series S-gamepass combination look even more enticing to those who are struggling at the moment through lockdowns/isolation but want a new system to put under the Christmas tree. On that note, I do hope everyone is well.